Postal tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postal tables

Hitherto I have shipped overseas orders by surface mail, so had only two classes of postage. My Zone/Class table looked like this: two top-level categories, 'UK' and 'Rest of the World.' Beneath 'UK' was what I called 'UK Delivery', and beneath 'Rest of the World' was what I chose to call 'Standard Charge' (don't ask me why).

Today, I selected 'Rest of the World' and added a second-level class, 'Airmail.' I then selected 'Airmail' and added a Zone, 'Europe Zone 1' and selected the countries. Looking at the resulting tree, 'Europe Zone 1' is shown as a top-level item, not as subsidiary to 'Airmail.' If Sellerdeck is going to be able to make sense of this it's got a better brain than mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	postage tables.png
Views:	181
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	555433

Or to put it differently, how should I be going about this?

Hello John,

I don't think it's possible to set up sub classes. Zones are geographical areas, which must be mutually exclusive. In your example you now need to set up 'Standard Charge' and 'Airmail' classes within 'Europe Zone 1'. You'd need to repeat the exercise if you wanted other zones (e.g. Europe Zone 2, USA and Canada, Australasia). The 'Rest of World' zone should include only countries that aren't included in any other zone.

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Aha... So it tells me to set up Zone and Class and I read that as Class and Zone. That's me all over. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X