Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V11 SPP Pages

Hi all,

I'm looking at the inbuilt SPP thing and am a bit confused about something.

I currently use sections with single products and then have a grid layout for the section list so that each section/product is represented by an image and a price. Clicking it takes the user to the product. On the section List Layout, I could specify how many columns to have, etc, and specify the format of the section link.

But I can't see how you do that with SPPs. In short, I can't see how to specify a different layout or image for the Product Page Link than for the actual Product Page.

The next weird thing is that when I read the help page, it shows that there are two layout variables you can set, Product Page Product Layout and Product Page Overall Layout. However, on my Product Page panel, I only see Product Page Product Layout. Is that what I'm missing?

Thanks
    The Patchwork Rabbit

If you're using the Product Page capability, then the previous page containing the product summary's and links to the individual Product Pages isn't a Section List page but a Product List one. You can set that layout by clicking the Section, and in Section Details / Product / Product List Layout. You can also set the Product Layout and Column Count For Products there.

As for Product Page Overall Layout, that selector defaults to the Overall Layout used for the rest of the site. You could make this set-able by going to Design / Library / Layouts / Web Page Outer Layout / ProductPageLayout and changing the Place of Setting to suit what you want to do.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

OK, it's obvious when you play with it. I think my confusion came from the fact that the inherited "Product Layout" from the section is NOT the actual product page anymore. That's waht the Product Page Product Layout is.

Like I said, obvious when you play with it but confusing as hell the first time you use it!

Thanks, as always, Norm.

Now I have it working, your Tabber plug in doesn't seem to work with it., I'm guessing there's an upgrade?
      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

If you have Tabber for V11, it should work on Product Page layouts as well as existing product layouts. If it's a V10 or earlier version then you'll need an upgrade.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X