SItes in subdomains and cgi issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SItes in subdomains and cgi issue

I am setting up a main site on the root space of www.mydomain.com and then different language sites in sub domains such as www.mydomain.com/en for English etc.

The cgi-bin and acatalog structure is set up as follows:

www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin (script ID 1)
    www.mydomain.com/acatalog

and

www.mydomain.com/en/cg-bin (script ID 2)
    www.mydomain.com/en/acatalog

I find that when clicking on cgi links (such as in homepage Best Sellers) on the site in the sub domain I am redirected to the product on the main domain site.

Can anyone help in how to solve this?

You may need to set the cookie for each site see setting a domain cookie. Another is linking to another site you need a referrer.
    Peblaco

Comment

I would have thought it should work. Isn't this how sellerdeck works in test mode?

It could be a network settings issue. Something like a typical value for 'path from cgi-bin to acatalog' could break it if it doesn't take the /en/ into account.

The first thing I'd do is double check the settings as it could be a mistake in there.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Specificlly clearing the cookies seems ot have resolved the problem.
        Thanks for links though Louise, if I have further problems I'll implement the domain cookie mod.

Comment

Hi Duncan,

Have you an .htaccess file for the site(s) in question, and if so have you checked it for possible errors?

Are you on Linux or Windows hosting? If the latter have you checked the entry in Network Settings under Path from CGI-BIN to Online Store Folder as Viewed by the FTP Server (leave blank unless advised)? If you're on Windows hosting then I think you will need ../en/acatalog in this field? It might be worth trying this for other servers too.

I feel the introduction of the intermediate folder for the designated language could be causing the problem. Have you considered en.mydomain.com/acatalog as opposed to mydomain.com/en/acatalog?

I'm sure you'll have tried clearing cookies and cache, etc. - have you also tried purging all old content from the CGI folders and re-uploading?

All I can think of for now...

Comment

My apologies Duncan... I must have been typing my reply whilst you sent yours

Comment

Yes they are liked that way. I'll add referrer, can only help. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X