Upload finished trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload finished trigger

I remember reading some time ago that there was a .pl file that is run at the end of the upload process.

If this is the case, would it be possible to add some perl to this file, with the intention of giving it SSH access to execute server based scripts at the end of each upload? I have no idea if this would be feasible from within SD.
    Dave

I think MergDiff may run at the end but not sure.

Comment

Thanks Duncan, that was the file name, it was this post that I must have seen previously. http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=32896

Does anyone know if it's possible to use SSH from within this file??
      Dave

Comment

Doubt that you could run an ssh instance from within perl, but what is it you are trying to achieve and other suggestions or ideas may come flying your way

Comment

I'm wanting to execute several server side scripts at the end of each upload process. The joy of using something like MergeDiff would be not really having to change the general upload process, no extra tasks.

When I posted this I was looking for alternative solutions to using incron to hook inotify events on certain files to look for FTP changes. I was having some trouble getting it to trigger some PHP scripts but have now resolved this by making the incron trigger a shell script which in turns triggers the desired scripts.

Still it would be nice to find a method that could do this at the very end of the upload process, I'd prefer to keep all local and keep any additional load off the server.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X