Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD file always re-uploads

Hi there,

My site sells MP3s, that average 30MB in size. There are currently about 50 of them. A refresh is a nightmare, but once done, all should be fine whenever I publish.

However, one of the files insists on re-uploading, every time I do a publish, no matter what I publish. The MP3 never changes.

This used to occur in v9, but I have just upgraded and gone live in v11.0.3 and the problem is still there.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
    Kind regards,
    Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
    http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Offhand, all I can think of is to check that Sellerdeck doesn't think it's a different file.

I'd check that it's not in the additional files list and also that there isn't a copy sitting in the sitemhtml folder (if that still exists).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Not there yet

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response.
      1) I have checked, and it is not in the 'Additional Files' box
      2) I cannot find a sitemhtml folder, and I have searched throughout the file structure and don't find the file anywhere it shouldn't logically be.
      3) Re your first comment - how does SellerDeck identify whether a file is different?
      Kind regards,
      Phil Benjamin

Comment

See: Random uploads of Digital Download Files?
        Peblaco

Comment

Not that either

Hi peblaco,

Thank you for the suggestion. Interestingly I think I did experience that problem in the past, however that is not what is happening. I have no reason to play this MP3.

Also, I can publish the website twice, without doing anything at all in-between, and the MP3 is uploaded both times.
          Kind regards,
          Phil Benjamin

Comment

Do you have a copy of the file in the Site1 or duplicates of the product?.
            Peblaco

Comment

3) Re your first comment - how does SellerDeck identify whether a file is different?
              Sorry. the first comment related to the more detailed explanation, such as whether it thinks it's uploading a different file (such as an additional file).

The other thing I'd check is whether there's any differences between the file names in terms of capital letters etc. I have seen issues in the past where Sellerdeck changes the capitalisation of files and this could lead it it not seeing the file as already existing.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Further info

Thank you for your continued efforts

Mike:
                Nice idea but no - it is only ever referred to in all lower case characters.

peblaco:
                - No, it is not in the Site 1 installation folder or the SiteHTML folder.
                - No, I no longer have duplicates (hurrah!). One of the main reasons for upgrading was because in version 10 they resolved the duplicates issue.

Just done a comparison of all the fields and they are all consistent with other MP3s that don't have this problem.

I'm going to experiment with replacing the file, renaming, etc.
                Kind regards,
                Phil Benjamin

Comment

Resolved

Hi chaps,

I have resolved the problem.

I had a product in the shop which was in development, so was marked as 'Hide on Web Site'.
                  This product had the same MP3 listed as it's DD file as the one that was causing problems.
                  I removed it from this product, and the problem has stopped.

So, is it a bug? If an MP3 is in a hidden product, does it keep needing to be uploaded?

Thanks for the help everyone.
                  Kind regards,
                  Phil Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                  X