Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google analytics

Noticed recently that google is not recording all my internet orders

I may have say 20 orders placed online but Google will only show maybe 5 -7 of these

I know it cannot record manual orders but these are all on the same site and same day something strange happening
    Chris Ashdown

I think this is usually a result of people not going to the receipt page which is where analytics records the sale and order value etc.

It's always been a problem with paypal but other psps might have similar issues.

Do you get sent a copy of the customer email? This is also triggered by the receipt page and can give a good indication of what percentage of customers/orders make it that far.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks all

With us we just use Actinic Payments but the google anylitics are absolutly rubbish typically showing 25-50% of real orders

We gat the confirmation email

If it is the receipt page is there a way of automating it?
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Chris we have the same problems with Google analytics. The sales it records are way off compared to our actual sales.
        It used to be fairly close to reality going back 3 years but it's steadily got worse.
        The actual visitor and keywords data is fine it's just the e-commerce side of it has deteriorated to the point where it's unusable. Tried many different things but all make no difference.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Steve

Its strange we also use Bing PPC and Google shows it as Bing but does not separate organic from ppc

Guess they don't want to give away competition scores

Never did get Bing Analytics to work, seller-deck cant do it but get the feeling from Bing reports that it's cost effective even though I don't know the ROI

Life is never dull the deeper you look the larger the problems and cost's
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X