Invalid path errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid path errors

HI I searched for this problem on the forum but cant seem to find a match.

This morning I had a problem with Actinic connecting to the database and it wouldn't open. I had exited Actinic last night and before the databases compacted correctly the computer crashed, I think this may have caused the problem. I have a backup from just before the incident and I have managed to extract this using 7Zip and replaced the site1 folder. I now have a working copy but on starting up I get multiple invalid path errors, can anyone shed light on whats happening and is it going to cause me problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Mark

What are the invalid path errors it mentions?
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
      What are the invalid path errors it mentions?
      I get quite a few, about 10, some examples are

C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\My Documents\Actinic v11\Sites/Site1\StartPanel\index.html contains an invalid path

and

C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\My Documents\Actinic v11\Sites/Site1\StartPanel\start-here.css contains an invalid path

C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\My Documents\Actinic v11\Sites/Site1\StartPanel\products.html contains an invalid path

C:\Documents and settings\Administrator\My Documents\Actinic v11\Sites/Site1\StartPanel\delivery.html contains an invalid path

Comment

The path has an incorrect forward slash "Actinic v11\Sites/Site1\StartPanel\". Start panel isn't an area most people change. If you have changed this area you could check the layouts or that they do not contain two sets of CSS or an incorrect path for custom files. Or it could point to a problem with the database or registry where it is looking for file paths. You could try an earlier backup or check with the SellerDeck support team.
        Peblaco

Comment

The path has an incorrect forward slash "Actinic v11\Sites/Site1\StartPanel\". Start panel isn't an area most people change. If you have changed this area you could check the layouts or that they do not contain two sets of CSS or an incorrect path for custom files. Or it could point to a problem with the database or registry where it is looking for file paths. You could try an earlier backup or check with the SellerDeck support team.
          What an idiot am I, its a typo the forward slash is the right way \

I took some screen grabs

[img=http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/811/0kl8.png]
          [img=http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/850/eqpx.png]
          [img=http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/5/762g.png]

Comment

Do you have a "StartPanel" folder within your Site1. If so does it contain the files mentioned in the error messages?

If not, install SD onto a spare machine and copy the StartPanel from there into your Site foler.
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsondoyle View Post
              What an idiot am I, its a typo the forward slash is the right way
              In that case the file paths are correct and the files themselves could be missing, check Normans suggestions above.
              Peblaco

Comment

In that case the file paths are correct and the files themselves could be missing, check Normans suggestions above.
                Thanks to you both, the start panel wasn't there, I put a copy in the Site1 folder and everything is back working ok.

Once again thanks v much.

Comment

Working...
                X