wish list - longer product references

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wish list - longer product references

I've just fallen foul of the 9-digit rule, which I never previously knew about. It's a potentially crippling limitation.

My products are printed to order from computer files, whose filenames are four-digit numbers. Those are - necessarily - the basis of my Product References. But then I am incorporating material acquired from other publishers, whose file numbers conflict with mine, and have to be distinguished in the catalogue by alphabetic prefixes. Some products require suffixes, and for reasons too arcane to explain, some have to have a hyphen as their second glyph.

The 9-digit rule struck when I created duplicates. At that point whole swathes of my Product References ceased to work, and I have had to modify them to within an inch of their life. They no longer correspond with my file names, but are just about workable by somebody who concentrates.

If Sellerdeck could find it in its heart to accommodate a dozen characters life would be a lot simpler.

There is no 9 digit rule!

I already told John this on one of his other threads and suggested he consults the Help for a definitive answer.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This is beyond curious.

Here, copy-and-pasted, is a line from the error log on one of my imports:

"Line 1614: The product reference "1!l.o.-6002" is too long. All product references must be less than 10 characters long."

This message was repeated for every product that had a PR that went beyond 9 characters.

Comment

Check Settings menu > Business Settings > Options > Product References > number, the default setting is 20 (this is in the help file) see if it has been changed.
        Peblaco

Comment

Thank you! It was set to 10, and I've reset it to 20. Now I can go and change all my Prod Refs back to coincide with my file names. A satisfactory close to a trying day!

Comment

Well spotted Louise.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X