Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders for goods received despite deletion

Hi
    we have received orders for goods that were deleted from the site months ago. I have traced this to links from Google to these items. I understand Google may have cached old pages, these pages still exist but some of the products have gone.
    What worries me is that the customer is still able to order them . These items were deleted over a year ago!
    How do I clear them down. I had always assumed that by deleting the items and refreshing the site that they had gone.
    http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk

I suspect it's a case of these products having their own page so even though you removed them from the catalog the old page is still up there.

To be sure any old pages have gone you might need to delete all .html files from the server and then do a full refresh.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You may also want to check you are not affected by the recent Internet Explorer 11 issue which prevents SellerDeck uploading correctly, see: Errors uploading site after upgrading to Internet Explorer 11
      Peblaco

Comment

actinic still doesn't delete (or update) .cat files for deleted products or sections a bug that has existed since v3 - never likely to be fixed

Comment

The deletion of .cat files could also be a problem as Paul says, so you might want to delete those before doing a refresh as well. Particularly as each section (i.e. product page) has it's own .cat file (IIRC) so deleting a product page means sellerdeck has no awareness that the .cat file ever existed.

(Although that's no excuse really as they should be capable of removing any .cat files that aren't updated during a refresh.)

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I've got a very similar problem, with products that I've ticked to hide on the website, still showing and customers being able to order them.

I don't use Internet Explorer, so I assume that can't be causing me problems.

I've also found, more and more, recently, that, when I create a new product, by copying an existing one (not as a duplicate), that it shows me the product that I've copied and not the new details that I've put on the copied product.

My host (Host-IT) has tried to help me with the problem over the last week or so and, despite using FTP to copy the site to my desktop before deleting it and sending it as a 'Refresh Website' from scratch, with all sorts of problems that this caused me, resulting in the website being down completely last night, the original problem persists.

Host-IT have said that there's nothing more that they can do to try to help me.

My site currently shows quite a few products that I've ticked to hide on the website and customers are ordering them.

Is this just the bug that paulh69 mentioned?

It seemed to work okay for most of the 7 years that I've had the site up (V7 until 2012, now V11)
            Sarah Prisgrove
            No. 1 South African Shop
            5 Marlow Drive
            Christchurch
            BH23 2RR

Comment

You don't have to *use* Internet Explorer for this to be a problem.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thank you.

I've uninstalled IE11 and Refreshed the site and all seems fine now.

It took a few hours for the site to Refresh, which quite surprised me!

Happy New Year
                Sarah Prisgrove
                No. 1 South African Shop
                5 Marlow Drive
                Christchurch
                BH23 2RR

Comment

Originally posted by Confused Sally View Post
                  Hi
                  we have received orders for goods that were deleted from the site months ago. I have traced this to links from Google to these items. I understand Google may have cached old pages, these pages still exist but some of the products have gone.
                  What worries me is that the customer is still able to order them . These items were deleted over a year ago!
                  How do I clear them down. I had always assumed that by deleting the items and refreshing the site that they had gone.
                  We have had this in the past, and aware that the page does stay on the server so this is our workaround.

We change price to £0.00 add the word DISCONTINUED to the product name, and knock out of stock. We then upload.

After that we delete the product and upload again.

At least if the page is found, it has all the signs of not being available, and doesn't allow anyone to order.
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
                  X