Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Reports - integration

Hi.
    I have created my own Crystal report that works well. It is a "report" that basically produces a nicely formatted price/info label that we can use in our shop. It has our logo on it and looks ok.

Anyway, in Crystal I can use the "Select Expert" to allow me to enter a Reference code, so it prints a label for the product I have chosen. Fine.

I am trying to integrate this into the Reports section of Sellerdeck so that using it is a little slicker.

I have edited the "reports.ini", and sure enough my new report shows up in User Defined Reports.

But what I can't work out is how to get the report to prompt me for a Reference code, and then just produce a label for the code entered.

At the moment it just seems to product a label for everything.

As an experiment I even tried to hard-code a product Reference into the reports.ini file to see what happens, but it ignores it:
    [Reports]
    ShopLabel="Shop Label"

[ShopLabel]
    ReportName=shoplabel.rpt

SelectionFormula="{Product.ProductReference} = 'SLGT'"

Unfortunately the info on this in the AUG is sketchy.

Does anyone know how to make a prompt for a Product Reference appear, so that my label just products a label for that one code ?

Thanks in advance.
    Jez

Hi Jez,

You just have to add a parameter variable to the report, you do this in Crystal and then when it runs it will pop up. You can also put a drop down list there if you like so that you can select from it.

I find that it is better to also specify lines for the selection criteria, the reports don't always work if you don't do it, here is an example from one of my old reports

[Reports]
    Labels16 = "Mailing Labels for Avery 62 series (8 by 2)"

[Labels16]
    ReportName=ME_Labels16_V8.rpt
    SelectionFormula=
    ExtraConditions="{Orders.nBomStatus} = 0 AND {Orders.bOrderIsDeleted} = FALSE"

Note I have put my criteria in the ExtraConditions variable - when you print user defined reports, the selection formula is set by the program so your's might be getting overwritten.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply. It is helpful.

OK So in Crystal I have setup a prompt variable.

In the Select Expert I have the criteria based on "Product.Product Reference"

So it says Product.Product Referece is equal to {?Jez_Product}

{?Jez_Product} being my prompt variable. So when I click the lightning bolt to refresh the data, I am prompted for a value, so I enter a product ref and the Shop Label appears as expected! Great!

But when I run the report through sellerdeck, although it prompts me for entry in exactly the same way, it just brings up a random product. (same one every time).

I am unsure what selection criteria to put in the reports.ini file, as I thought the crystal was doing that bit. If it is being overwritten somehow do you know the format of code to put in the reports.ini ?

Comment

AH-A CRACKED IT!

ExtraConditions="{Product.Product Reference} = {?Jez_Product}"

Comment

Great - it's like magic when it works isn't it :-)

Cheers,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Yeah thanks for your help with that.

Got some ideas for some more reports now I'm on a roll !

Comment

Working...
            X