Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC details send separately - orders don't actually get placed

Hi All

I realised recently that, when a customer opts to send Credit Card details separately, rather than paying online, the orders sometimes don't actually get placed.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know how I can fix it?

Thanks
    Sarah
    Sarah Prisgrove
    No. 1 South African Shop
    5 Marlow Drive
    Christchurch
    BH23 2RR

I've never used this payment method so can't comment.

What I would say, is that you shouldn't be accepting credit card details in this way unless you have a special arrangement with your merchant account bank or you are happy to pay fines of £25,000 for failing to protect the information stored. The rules changed about four years ago.

There are plenty of excellent third party PSPs out there who take the knock for you.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I've tried deleting this payment method, but I get the message

'there must be at least one payment method enabled for offline orders'

Is there any other payment method that would fulfil this requirement?
      Sarah Prisgrove
      No. 1 South African Shop
      5 Marlow Drive
      Christchurch
      BH23 2RR

Comment

What other payment methods do you accept apart from that one?

Almost all PSPs have an off-line order facility, so you would just check the box for "Desktop" in the payment settings. Again though, taking off-line orders e.g. over the phone requires compliance with PCI standards.

Or, you can add "cheque" as a payment method.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by SarahPris View Post
          I've tried deleting this payment method, but I get the message

'there must be at least one payment method enabled for offline orders'
          If you go to 'Settings | Business Settings | Payment and Security' and within the 'Payment Methods' grid, go to the 'Credit card details sent separately' record and scroll accross and remove the tick from the 'Website' tick box and click 'OK'.

Once you have uploaded the 'Credit card details sent separately' option will no longer appear online.

Comment

Working...
          X