Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to exclude product component options from discount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to exclude product component options from discount?

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if / how it is possible to exclude product component options from the product's discount group?

I am using associated product options, and those items need to be sold at their exact price, with no discount.. But the products containing the component are often discounted..

Example:
    Product 1 is discounted at 25%
    Product 1 has an optional extra (in form of an associated product component option) at £1.50
    Product 1 should be discounted by 25% but the optional extra must remain £1.50!

I hope it's possible!

Thanks
    Jack

Just a thought, does ticking 'New Order Line' on the component option stop it from being included in the discount?

Comment

'New order line' sets whether the associated product appears as a separate order line on the order. It shouldn't have an effect on the discount structure.

You could try 'use associated product price' and see if that does what you want. Logically, it could mean the price would be excluded from the discount but I couldn't say if it does or not. The only way to be sure is to test it.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for your response Mike Unfortunately we're already using the associated product price so that we can change that price as and when we need to, but this isn't enough to exclude it from the discount..

My only thought now, is to perhaps make an exclusive product group that offers 0% discount, and put the associated products into that group, and hope that it overrides the inherited discount from the parent products..

If this works I'll update the thread for others to see. Thanks again for trying Mike Always helpful!

Cheers
        Jack

Comment

Working...
        X