No announcement yet.

Exclude shipping for specific product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, Gotcha, but would probably add a default weight of 10kg - so that the default is always the higher figure - then have the free for things I have under this.

So I can cope with multiples - people order 300 or a product - gets heavy.

But the free shipping item would be 25grams or such so people can order 39 of them until they hit a shipping charge....

So, we may be saved because we have not entered in any weights...

Will have a play Lee - have a good weekend

Comment

put 0.01 in as default and have 10kg as the upper limit (not that you need it anyway). That way you can order 999 items without reaching the threshold. Be very careful of doing it the other way, you have to think about what happens IF someone orders a normal and a free product. Go low with normal product and high for exceptions, it is so much easier that way. Not that you need that anyway, you can use the exclude option now.

0.01 is 1g, it's in KG.

Comment

I see...

An issue I see if that the current shipping is by value.

ie, I buy £25 of stuff and get charged £7 shipping
        I now change this to weight, so the items in the cart together weight 6grams and get the £7 shipping.
        But I then add 1 of the free shipping items and the weight of the cart is now 10.06kg - and now gets £0 shipping

But it should only be the single free shipping item that has no shipping - still want shipping on the other items.....

Comment

Originally posted by grant View Post
          I see...

An issue I see if that the current shipping is by value.

ie, I buy £25 of stuff and get charged £7 shipping
          I now change this to weight, so the items in the cart together weight 6grams and get the £7 shipping.
          But I then add 1 of the free shipping items and the weight of the cart is now 10.06kg - and now gets £0 shipping

But it should only be the single free shipping item that has no shipping - still want shipping on the other items.....
          I don't understand the items sold, but if you have a package going to that address which is free, why would there be a charge for anything accompanying it?

There are a few things you can do:

Remember that the weights table is an up to value, so having 19.99kg would be a free item plus non-frees and could have charges, just because 10kg is free, doesn't mean 10.5kg is for example.

Don't use heavy weights on your free products, use the exclude option.

Remember you have the order value ceiling at the bottom too.

It's hard to picture and give exact suggestions without understanding the products, sizes, quantities ordered etc. but if you for instance have:

0.5kg - £5
          0.75kg - £7
          1kg - £8
          10kg - £0.00

nothing to then stop extra tiers such as:

0.5kg - £5
          0.75kg - £7
          1kg - £8
          10kg - £0.00
          10.5kg - £5
          10.75kg - £7
          11kg - £8
          20kg - £0

You still have tiers of charging, but also cater for when someone buys the 10kg free product.

Comment

Ahh, OK, so as we are changing to weight based the Exclude option becomes active - excellent

And the products are bottles of wine, the free item is a card.

If someone orders just the card = free shipping

But we dont want to give them free shipping if they order 16 cases of wine, and a card (Unless the free over value comes into effect)

But, it seems that the exclude could work, so will test with that

Comment

Cards as 0kg with:

0kg - £0.00

specifically included into the matrix is what my head tells me straight away. Everything else has a weight thus triggers the matrix and you then have the free over bottom right to set your free ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X