Malware infection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malware infection?

We've a site that we've been having supposed Malware issues with now for a few weeks.

The PC we use to upload is using Bitdefender Total Security 2015 anti-virus and definitions are up to date. We regularly scan our PC and there are no issues. I've had the hosting company move our site to a new server, I've deleted and refreshed the site and there is nothing that is being flagged. Hosting company has also checked the site and can't find anything

Yet myself & customers are getting warnings and blocking the site.
    I've contacted just about everyone, but getting nowhere so I'm hoping that someone here can help.

Website address is;
    www.wakefieldfancydress.co.uk

It's coming up to our peak selling period and I'm really concerned that whatever it is is going to reak havoc on our sales.
    Thanks in advance.

This may be coming from your hosting server, not neccessarily your desktop PC. Firstly change all your passwords, including your FTP password, then contact your host and ask them to check for issues.

Comment

I've looked around a fair bit and not had any warnings.

Yet myself & customers are getting warnings and blocking the site.
      So what exactly do the warnings say? Is there nothing specific mentioned?

PS. Is there no better way to access cgi than via this url

ht tp://wakefieldfancydress.co.uk.web18.testurl.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000063.pl

It looks a bit odd to me.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Sorry not replied, Halloween loometh.

I'm convinced its a server issue. I've uploaded a snapshot to another site we have and no problems at all.

Bitdefender throws various issues, infections are listing sub-domains that don't exist on our site. Checked with Filezilla to make sure subdirectories don't exist.

We're using Host-it actinic package and this has been going on for months with no resolution.

The strange address is from a test site that they set up and then moved hosting, that seemed ok but the wakefieldfancydress site causes issues.

Really frustrated and pulling my hair out.

Comment

If I move my mouse along the Home | About Us | Find Us | etc | etc links I see 2 different URL's appearing:

http://www.wakefieldfancydress.co.uk

and

http://wakefieldfancydress.co.uk.web18.testurl.co.uk

This is definitely going to cause problems. All your pages need to be on the same domain name. You should check your Web / Network Setup.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The other thing to do is look for .htaccess files on your server. These can redirect non-existent sub-domains, folders etc to remote sites even when they don't exist on the server. It's a common hacker way of keeping hidden.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Try loading and running Malwarebytes its a free anti everything that some quote as the best of the lot

https://www.malwarebytes.org/
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
              X