Emails take ages to send?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emails take ages to send?

I have a question from my colleague who uses actinic to download all our orders. He says sometimes the emails are very slow while sometimes its fine. When you click send on a standard email it can take up to a couple of minutes before it says sent.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

Who's your webhost?

What's your website?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ours is the same, although I'd say 15 seconds - although it does seem an age.
      www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

19 Seconds

On four of our sites, the emails take 19 seconds to send, and the host (1&1) say this is a security measure to stop spam. On our main site we use a different smtp address supplied by 1&1, no 19 second pause, but some customers say that they do not receive the emails. Neither is ideal but we are having to live with it.

Sarah

Comment

Our site is www.dentalshop.co.uk

Our web host is webfusion

Comment

OK.

I've looked at your error.err file and it's slightly worrying to say the least. I'm not sure how serious this is but your log is littered with this error:

Program = SearchSc, Program version = 109 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) mod_ssl/, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2014/10/25 09:26, Internal Errors = There was a problem with some information in the online shop so we cannot take your order. Please contact the shop owner with this information so that they can rectify the problem. Details: The version number (27) of one of your uploaded data files (Setup blob) is incompatible with the existing script version (25). Solution: Refresh the site.
            This has been going on since May 2012 and you really need to get it fixed. This one error probably accounts for 90% of the errors in your file which is now over 76M Bytes in size. It looks to me as if this error has come up maybe 40,000 times since then so something like 40-50 times a day.

I'd suggest:

1. FTP into your site and delete the error.err file in your acatalog folder. It's too large to be useful and goes back over 5 years. Any current errors will show up again anyway.

2. Do a full site refresh.

3. Run a network test to see if there are any smtp problems. I couldn't see any in the error log so the email problems might still need looking at.

4. Check your error log regularly. You can do it from your web browser so it's not a hard thing to do.

Mike

PS. If nothing else, I wouldn't be surprised if the scripts are being seriously slowed down just by opening and appending new error messages to the very large error file.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

There is a setting under Settings >> Business Settings >> Order Processing >> Email .... Pause every N Seconds after every N Emails .... worth checking that nothing silly has been added there in error

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
              X