Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchronization Server cannot be reached

Hi,

I'm trying to open SellerDeck 11 at the moment and I'm constantly getting the following error.

"The Synchronization server as specified in the database cannot be reached. SellerDeck is looking for it on machine 'actinic'.

SellerDeck cannot use the Synchronization server on this PC as it is disabled. Please consult your System Administrator.

Would you like to retry or exit SellerDeck?"
    I've contacted support and am currently awaiting a response. Has anybody else had and overcome this problem. The Actinic Server is on the same PC as the SellerDeck 11 executable and files, and even if I try with the IP address of the machine, I get looped back to this same error.

It's something of a major problem right now, because I'm unable to get past the login screen for any of the sites connected with SellerDeck 11. It sounds like it simply can't connect with Actinic Sync Server, despite the fact that this is running (as can be seen in Task Manager).

Has anybody solved this?

have you seen this thread. It might help.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54408
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

That doesn't seem to fit my problem.

The main point is that it seems to be saying that the server is disabled. What does the synchronization server actually do? Is it possible to disable this and just login without using it?

It's becoming troubling because orders are beginning to come in and there is no way to even login to SellerDeck. And it is occurring across all sites in the same way.

Comment

I've contacted support and am currently awaiting a response
        Do you have Cover? If you do then this is exactly the kind of thing it's useful for and you should chase them up for a solution.

You should be able to download orders in standalone operation but I'm afraid I don't know how to to do this. Support should be able to help you.

I'm sure it might help others identify the problem if they know how you got to this stage. Did it work before and has just started doing this? Have you changed anything recently? Did you just install a new PC? Have you just upgraded? etc.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Have you checked that the sync server is actually running, if not just start it at

Control Panel, Administration tools, Services and select the sellerdeck sync server and start it
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

I have cover. I'm going through this at the moment to get a solution via email. But so far there has been no luck. I thought I'd post on the forums just in-case somebody has had a similar problem.

Sync server (ActSyncSvr.exe) is running. Before it was running three times (v10,v11 and one without a version). As the email help suggested, I stopped the two which don't apply to us (SellerDeck 11).

From what I know, nothing has changed between Friday when it was working and today. The only things I can possibly think of are Windows Updates affecting something, antivirus software blocking communication or an IP change. I've checked each time and made sure it's searching on the right machine name/IP address. As for Windows Updates, I'm fairly confident we haven't had any between when it was working and now that it isn't.

As for Firewall, the sync server and catalogue are both on the exceptions list, so that isn't affecting it.

Comment

We're on multiuser, and for the firewall, I had to not only add the two programs as exceptions, but manually open some ports for the sync server in the advanced firewall

re: Antivirus, for us, from some troubleshooting activity, we did put the Sellerdeck folder as exception in our AV for all our machines...

It is strange you are suddenly having this problem though...

I remember having sync server problems when upgrading machines from XP to Win7/Win8 on v10
              - I switched from using "machine name" to the actual "IP address" of the sync server.

From memory...
              If you can't get into the program to change the machine name, you can open ActinicCatalog.mdb in MS Access 2003, open up "SetupInfo" table, look for: sSynchronizationServerURL and change the sData field to an ip address.

Please correct me if details from my memory are wrong...

Comment

Working...
              X