One for my wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for my wish list

I've just finally gone live with v11 and find that the Order screen is different. Previously the catalogue number appeared on the left, in the first column, followed by the Short Description. Now the Product Reference is in the second column.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find, when I'm filling orders, that the catalogue number is the key item. My Short Description is liable to be something like:

'Raff, Joseph Joachim (d. 1882) <br/> &nbsp; Quartet No. 8 in C major, in Canon Form, Op.192 No.3 - parts"

The reference is '4221'.

I know which of those I'm less liable to make a mistake in interpreting - especially since the file number when I print is '4221'.

In v10 it was possible that a very long title would go off the right-hand end of the screen, in which case I could always scroll. I don't know, because in four years I never had to do it.

Now that I'm using v11 I have to adjust the column widths so that the Reference will be visible. In many cases that will cut off the end of the Description. Brilliant, whoever thought of that.

To me this is a classic case of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

You can arrange the columns in the order tab as you want - simply click on the column name at the top and drag it to the desired position

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Not so, not for me. I'm referring to the individual order, which is where the Product Reference appears. There the columns stubbornly refuse to shift.

Comment

Working...
      X