support ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

support ?

There is a curious note on the SD support page that "free email support is only provided for users on SellerDeck v11". Should "only" be read as "not"? I have certainly been getting silence.

I think it should read:

Important: With effect 21 January 2015 free email support is only provided for users on SellerDeck v11 and later. If you have a SellerDeck Cover contract we will continue to provide email support for SellerDeck 2014, SellerDeck 2013 and SellerDeck v11 (V11 is supported but not maintained).

Comment

It's certainly confusing. It leads on to assume that there will not be any free email support for any versions after 2016 comes out then perhaps.

Comment

Well, that did confuse me. I'm used to being ditched with older versions of software, but being hit both in front and behind is something new. It also depresses me. In the past when I've had cover I've never felt I was getting anything like value for money. But there, they have to make it pay.

Comment

Support in all walks is shite John - trust me on that

Upgrade to V14.03 using V3 Sage and you'll be screaming your B*******S off !!

And I pay for support !!

Comment

I don't know that I'd agree with that. I've had pretty good support from a number of other quarters. I've only had one other instance recently of a company that simply didn't answer an email.

That, for me, is the worst thing - not knowing when or whether the other boot was going to drop. That's why I posted my question here, because I honestly couldn't tell from the website whether I'm entitled to email support, and whether my latest predicament is going to get dealt with. The last one didn't. If they only had a standard email that said, "We had yours but we're busy, we'll try and get round to it"...

Not knowing whether you're going to get a reply wears on the nerves.

Comment

Hi all,

We have reworded the message on the free email support page to make it more clear:

http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...ory/send-query

To confirm, since 21 January 2015, free email support is provided for SellerDeck v11 only.

Priority email support is provided for all supported versions of SellerDeck, but this is a paid for service (SellerDeck Cover).

Thanks
              Paul Murphy
              Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you. You will have seen that I was not the only person to have difficulty interpreting the text. I think the problem is that it meant what it said, and since the overwhelming norm in the tech support world is that support is available for newer versions and not older it seemed to me and at least one other improbable that you were now announcing the exact opposite.

Incidentally, my latest appeal to tech support has been dealt with promptly.

Comment

Working...
                X