No announcement yet.

Upgrading to v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume that you can not now easily take a clean theme export to DW change the design and put it back.
    We're looking at this at the moment. In the 'Actinic' menu in DW, there is an option to 'Import A Page Design From Actinic'. This enables you to pull a primary template (now called 'overall page layout') into DW and tinker with it. There are two problems though

1) You will not have any of the CSS files from Actinic
    2) No easy way to put the design back into Actinic

We are looking into 1) at the minute and will come up with a solution to it in time for release. With regards to '2', you could then register your new page as a design with Actinic and get the design into Actinic that way. Alternatively, you could copy and paste the edited code into Actinic.

How do you do it currently with v7?

Comment

Just a quick note to say that I'll play around with making my Cart Summary patch work with v8 during the next week. Looking at things quickly, it shouldn't be much work.
      www.gbradley.co.uk
      Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

How do you do it currently with v7
        Template exported to DW - edited and then saved, this passes the changes to Actinic and they can be seen in the preview. Further changes can be made in DW with the template left open so mistakes can be corrected.

It also means that the css comes over with the template so you can customise that in DW as well.

In effect Actinic and DW work together in a similar way to the new "Design" options.
        Last edited by RuralWeb; 06-Jul-2006, 02:11 PM. Reason: CSS Thoughts

Comment

Template exported to DW
          There isn't a template export to DW in v7. How are you doing this? Is it just a case of opening the Act_Primary.html file in DW?

Comment

Is it just a case of opening the Act_Primary.html file in DW
            Yes - wrong terminology - its been a long day!.

I use the template manager to locate the template I am interested in and open it in DW via that.

Comment

I'm confused.....

I want to take the clean CSS layout from actinic, and put it into DW so I can use it as my base for all themes I build from here.

So I go to DW, actinicmenu, Import a page design from Actinic ,

beegbong <sound effect from by PC>,

Dialog box "you have to save a file before executing this command"

any ideas?

I've defined my site in DW, using site1 folder, but if i list the contents of site1 there are only 2 html files there

Brochuretestpage
              Act_search_template

OK, its later now

I opened P_index.html, then it let me import a page layout css

I'm sure this isn't correct but at least it lets me mess with the code

Comment

If I understand your problem correctly - you have to have a file open in DW (preferably blank) which has been saved before you use the import function - the code from the imported page willl then be imported into the open, saved, blank DW file. Beenbong!

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

just added to my post above.... which I think means yes you understood, I have just now got a page called P_index rather than a page I named myself.

I assume the content is the same had I done it with a blank page

Comment

Jo - the flow is to

1) Create a blank file in the 'Site1' folder called something like 'template.html' (or Act_Primary.html if you prefer )

2) Then do the import via Dreamweaver.

This is a regular request, so I'm going to raise a task for myself to beef up the Dreamweaver interface documentation in this area. Also - it looks a complete mess atm as the css file isn't available - so we are looking at ways to fix this.

For now, I suggest copying and pasting code within DW and Actinic. Ctrl+A works as a keyboard shortcut in the layout code in Actinic to copy everything.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                      or Act_Primary.html if you prefer
                      Legacy terminolgy - hands up who is missing it already?

Bikster
                      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I am doing some work with V6 today, haven't used it seriously for ages, I ran it up and couldn't work out what was missing, then realised it was the split page details view - you have to double click on things to see the details, what a pain that is. :-)

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Anyone tried this:

Create a design in DW, register it with DW it now shows in Actinic and can be altered. If you then apply a new theme in Actinic it breaks the link with DW, if you now go back into DW you cannot register the design with the new theme as it says it is already registred. V7 used to create a backup when changing theme so you could easily go back, V8 does not seem to have this or I have missed it.

Comment

I see that the site map still does not include the brochure pages - this would have been a nice little improvement.
                            Last edited by RuralWeb; 09-Jul-2006, 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Create a design in DW, register it with DW it now shows in Actinic and can be altered. If you then apply a new theme in Actinic it breaks the link with DW, if you now go back into DW you cannot register the design with the new theme as it says it is already registred. V7 used to create a backup when changing theme so you could easily go back, V8 does not seem to have this or I have missed it.
                              Malcolm, have you discovered 'Site Options' yet? This is where you can choose all the different layouts that are in Actinic.

After allpying a theme, just change the 'Overall Page Layout' in 'Settings | Site Options | Layout' back to 'ExternalDesign'.

Comment

I see that the site map still does not include the brochure pages - this would have been a nice little improvement.
                                In the 'Design' tab, change the 'Select Page Type' drop down list to 'Site Map'.

Click on the sitemap, and then click the 'navigate to parent' button (yelow spiral with up arrow underneath layout code) until you have selected the layout called 'Sitemap Page Bulk Area'.

Click in line 2 and click the 'insert layout' button - pink circle with a plus.

Select 'BrochurePageList' from the top list, and select 'Used Fixed Layout'. From the bottom list select 'Vertical Brochure Page List'.

Click 'Insert'.

Click 'Apply'.

Now you can click on the items in the list and customise them to look how you want.

If you want to create your own custom brochure navigation icons, rather than customising the ones that come with Actinic, then go to 'Design | Library', open 'Brochure Page Links', right-click on 'Standard Brochure Page Link' and click 'New Layout'. Call it 'Sitemap Layout' or something and then select it as the 'Fixed Layout' for the brochure page list in your sitemap page.

Comment

Working...
                                X