Few Questions for V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few Questions for V8

i just download the beta version so i could experience the new features in there.

brilliant work guys. the marketing features are something that i cant wait (till the official release)

few questions for the best sellers and new products function. are those two for the whole store or would we able to specify best sellers / new products for any section that we want?

i am only asking because i have several categories that games are available e.g. pc,ps2,x-box and they have different prices when they are released.

so for my store it would make sense to have a best sellers and a new products part per section. (different products to appear in every section)

if that is not possible with the standard methods you have added would it be possible for me to use code to create them?

It looks like the best sellers will only work for the store as a whole.

Comment

Ive noticed also that the best sellers import uses the image defined in the product so if you use an image of say 250 pix width when it is imported into a nav bar of 150 pix then it breaks the template. It looks like it will only work with images about 100 pix width - most sites with single product page will easily exceed this.

Comment

Mine are using the same default product image but are being re-sized on the fly.

Still not clickable though

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Must be a option for that I have not selected.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            It looks like the best sellers will only work for the store as a whole.
            Page 10 of the BETA Features Guide suggests they can appear on every or "just on specific pages" which is great news

Bikster

Comment

What I ment was that I think that you cannot have different ones on different pages. You can specify on which pages they are placed in Actinic and DW using the DW extension.

Comment

Aye - re-reading the manual and looking at in inside Actinic the use of the phrase "on specific pages" is actually limited to "homepage", "sections" or "homepage and sections" .... not exactly specific pages.

Probably need to assign new Act_Primaries (or v8 equivalents) to each section and hack the code accordingly

Bikster

Comment

... with a note "doesn't change anything in the default Executive theme" !!

Bikster

Comment

Probably need to assign new Act_Primaries (or v8 equivalents) to each section and hack the code accordingly
                    You could edit the 'NewProductListSidebar' layout selector so that it appears in the 'Layout' tab of sections as well as the 'Layout' tab of 'Site Options'.

To do this:

1) Change to the 'Technical' or 'Contemporary' theme (as this does not work in Executive)
                    2) Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and find the 'New Products List' group
                    3) Double click on the 'NewProductListSidebar' layout selector
                    4) Under 'Place Of Setting', select 'Section'.
                    5) Click 'OK'.

You can now vary the appearance of the new products list on a section by section basis. Go to the 'Layout' tab of a section and vary the layout selected in the 'New Products List Layout (For Sidebars)' setting.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                      You could edit the 'NewProductListSidebar' layout selector so that it appears in the 'Layout' tab of sections as well as the 'Layout' tab of 'Site Options'.

To do this:

1) Change to the 'Technical' or 'Contemporary' theme (as this does not work in Executive)
                      2) Go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and find the 'New Products List' group
                      3) Double click on the 'NewProductListSidebar' layout selector
                      4) Under 'Place Of Setting', select 'Section'.
                      5) Click 'OK'.

You can now vary the appearance of the new products list on a section by section basis. Go to the 'Layout' tab of a section and vary the layout selected in the 'New Products List Layout (For Sidebars)' setting.
                      Chris thanks for this. i will try during the weekend.

when the v8 go officially live would we have to use the technical or conetmporary themes for the sidebar?

Comment

when the v8 go officially live would we have to use the technical or conetmporary themes for the sidebar?
                        Use whatever theme you like.

If you want to make the layout of the new products list in the executive theme editable via the user-interface then all you need to do is....

1) Change to the 'Design' tab.

2) Click on the 'New Products' heading above the new products list. This should take you into a layout called 'New Products List With Horizontal Dividers'.

3) You now need to go 'up one level' in the design. To do this, click on the icon in the toolbar below the layout code which looks like a yellow spiral with an up arrow.

4) You should then be selecting a purple 'layout selector' that says 'New Products List With Horizontal Dividers'. Right-click on this and select 'Edit Appearance' (check the attached screeenshot)

5) In the 'Edit Appearance' window, go to the 'Fixed Layout' setting, click in the drop down list and select 'No ()'

6) Click 'OK'.

The 'New Products List With Horizontal Dividers' is no longer 'fixed' in the design - and it can now vary according to what is selected in 'Settings | Site Options | Layout'.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                          Ive noticed also that the best sellers import uses the image defined in the product so if you use an image of say 250 pix width when it is imported into a nav bar of 150 pix then it breaks the template. It looks like it will only work with images about 100 pix width - most sites with single product page will easily exceed this.
                          Malcolm - just noticed the selector Mini New Products Item actually resizes the images on the fly by setting the width="75" against the ProductImageFileName

Bikster

Comment

Thank jont - I will go back and try it again.

Comment

U.S. Version

I assume, being in the U.S., that a beta 8.0 is not available.

I guess, I will assume too, that I cannot download the U.K. version.

Will the U.S. version be available at the same time the U.K. version is released?
                              Jeffrey Michael
                              Choice Vacuum
                              Bellevue, WA, USA
                              www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Working...
                              X