V8 and shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 and shipping

First of all, I have to say that I'm really impressed by the new BETA. Really good work and some features like the marketing one seem really interesting.

Is the final version going to include other features?
    I'm asking that because I was waiting for v8 to handle the volumetric shipping problem but as far as I can see, for now, there's nothing new there ...

Anyway, I go back to my new best friend v8 beta

V8 and Free shipping

Not had time to download the beta yet. Does anyone know if they have added the ability to have free shipping in the UK whilst charging by weight to destinations abroad (for the same item)?
    Paul Kelsall

www.benracing.co.uk

The best deals on RC racing cars, monster trucks, planes and helicopters from top brands like Kyosho, Traxxas, Hobao, HPI, JP Racing, Venom and Century .

Comment

We are planning to add some additional shipping features to a maintenance release of v8, which will obviously be a free upgrade from earlier releases of v8. This should come out later this year, but we don't have a precise date yet.

There were a lot of requests on the community, but unfortunately we weren't able to include it in the main development.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cbarling
        We are planning to add some additional shipping features to a maintenance release of v8, which will obviously be a free upgrade from earlier releases of v8. This should come out later this year, but we don't have a precise date yet.

There were a lot of requests on the community, but unfortunately we weren't able to include it in the main development.

Chris
        Shame - It would have been nice to know that the time sat here waiting was going to be a waste of time; I could have filled it looking elsewhere.
        Paul Kelsall

www.benracing.co.uk

The best deals on RC racing cars, monster trucks, planes and helicopters from top brands like Kyosho, Traxxas, Hobao, HPI, JP Racing, Venom and Century .

Comment

I have requested that the shipping by size of item be added in V5 and am still waiting so do not get your hopes up.

All i wanted is a delivery option to take the longest item in the shopping basket and not the sum like the weight calculation does.

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

hi, as royal mail are changing all there prices to size and weight actinic most add this feature to v8.
            From August there will be very few if any couriers including r/mail who will ship by weight alone.

Regards
            Wesley
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

I have to agree, the shipping has wanted a much needed overhaul for a long time now.

I am not sure as to why it keeps getting missed?

Being able to select certain products from certain types of shipping would be a great plus. Some of my kites can not be sent via next royal mail special delivery, i put text on the products and people still select the option.

Short of creating fictional weights for each product and reconfiguring the shipping tables so that some items only fall in to the standard delivey service i can not see how this can be done.

So that make 3 people who need the shipping looked at, how many more before it gets on to the actinic todo list. Comments from actinic representatives much appreciated.

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Hi there

Did you see Chris Barling's comments higher up in the thread

Comment

What additional shipping features? A straight question which I know won't get a straight answer. We also need much better shipping in actinic. So that's 4.
                  Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
                  http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Steve
                    A straight question which I know won't get a straight answer.
                    Sorry - but that's the way it goes with software development. A new feature can be abandoned days before release because we discover that it doesn't work on Safari, or there is a problem with a perl function on Microsoft servers, or it is incompatible with Windows 2000 etc. etc.

We never want to promise anything and then have to go back on the promise, so I'm afraid we cannot give you any details.

Comment

Hi Chris

So back to my earlier comments, some changes had been requested back a V5 however we are now promised an update after V8 is released, yet this is still 3 years down the road.

I know it seems like i am moaning (well i am a bit) but, dont get me wrong some great changes have been made in this version and i love the upsell and people "also brought" bits and pieces, but surely some of the grass root requests should have been a priority. Just because only a couple of people asked does not mean this is not important. These are extra sales tools for actinic.

PAF file intergration would be good to, also a great selling tools aswell for actinic and if you licensed the paf file there is a spin off for extra revenue with updates and all sorts.

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Darren.

FYI v8.0.0 (the inital release) will include pricing for the most commonly used 'pricing in proportion' postage rates with Royal Mail - then more features for the software will come later.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Pricing in Proportion has three sizes for first class postage rates. Letter, Large Letter and Packet. Are you saying V8 will allow some form of size to be allocated to a product so the correct postage rate will be alloctaed?

Mike
                          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

No - we have simply provided the rates for 'First Class Packet' and 'Second Class Packet' in the default database - which should be useful for a lot of our customers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I think Mike ment the parcel size thing in the later versions

Cheers
                              Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X