Credit Card Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Security

I remember reading somewhere that a law was passed in April that you could only store the card details for as long as it took to complete the transaction. Afer that you had to destroy the details ASP, you could not store them unless the card holder had given permission.

I may be wrong but it was something like that - best idea is to get ride of them asp. Is it possible to have the option of a card detail shedder for V8 rather than an encription method.

Hi Malcolm

This is a good idea. I'll suggest this to the developers for possible inclusion in a future release.

For now, as a workaround, you can replace the CC number with '0' when you have processed the order.

It is also worth nothing that users who use a PSP won't have the credit card details in Actinic at any point anyway.

Comment

Presumably this would be easy to implement. When you mark the payment as 'full payment received' you overwrite the card details (except the last 4 digits so you can check later which card was used).

Of course this does mean that to do a refund (other than via a PSPs virtual terminal) you'd need the card details again. But that shouldn't be a problem.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Anything to get rid of them would be good - a purge credit card details button would be great.

Comment

Working...
        X