v8 Multi-User Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8 Multi-User Dilemma

Thought I'd pass on some info I've got from sales today. We've been needing MU for some time now, only real issue is the price (£1900 + £450 + vat I was quoted today). Now, just been planning ahead a bit and can see it being quite a decision to upgrade our current 'site in the very near future, more like an ongoing project 'til we decide (if we decide) to upgrade it to v8.

Sales have also gone on to say that the price is due to come down "quite a bit" on the release of v8 which is (obviously) good news. But they have also stated that v7 MU would not be available once v8 is released. Forcing all current users to upgrade to v8 if MU is required?

You know, today was the day I was going to `sort` this issue for good.

Back to full contact fights over the main pc then.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

I'm pretty sure the actinic website said multi-user from £1,500. Any idea from sales what that was referring to?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

MU (2 pc's) plus ability to use from one more pc (£450 for each additional). I do have cover, etc.
      Football Heaven

Comment

persnally I would go with the v8 upgrade.

Although you could stay with 7 for a couple of years there will be a point where you will really want to upgrade.

My opinin is take the pain now to allow your business to move forwards

marketting and upsell features will probably pay for the upgrade

i chose not to upgrade surf-wax from 6 to 7 as I felt there wasn't enough new features of interest ( i had v6 cross sell pro so would have have to upgrade that to) but as time went on I realised that duplicates were very convenient, coupons would have brought in extra sales, especially if coupled with mailinglist/login/special offers feature

I will upgrade to 8 especialy as the CSP features are largely included, so is the marketing module, I plan to make a big deal of mailing lists.

I have invested a deal of cash to installing managed mailing lists on PB servers, so sending and management of lists will be painless and take no time

Comment

Easier said than done though J, although some members seem to be getting to grips with v8 now? I wonder who's gonna be first to offer a v7 to v8 conversion service?

Anyway, back to the original topic, maybe one of the Actinic peeps can comment on my original issue?
          Football Heaven

Comment

Hi George

The upgrade price from V8 to V8 MU will be lower than the present V7 price. This is because the Multi User code has now been integrated into the standard V8 installation. Whereas in the past we would upgrade a customer site to Multi User, (there was perl script and some template changes as MU was based around 7.002) V8 is a simple authorisation key upgrade. Our cost saving here has been past onto the customer.

If the upgrade is from V7 to V8 MU and the customer wants us to upgrade the site then the cost of this upgrade service would then take the total upgrade cost up to the present £1950 upgrade price.

V8 MU will not be available until October(ish). In the mean time we will continue to sell V7 MU as this has proven to be an excellent, stable and dependable product.

V7 MU is now available with or without the upgrade service.
            Mark Rice
            Actinic Sales
            0845 1294800

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mark.... food for thought indeed.
              Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
              X