Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add to cart from section list?

Hi guys

I remember a while ago this topic was covered in V7 using the AUG solution of adding from anywhere on the web.

I am using v8 to set up (beta of course) a site with sections then 1 product per page/sub-section.

When the client clicks on "section 1 widgets", they will then see a table showing all the widgets in the sub-sections with their prices, qty and an add to cart function. They will also be able to click on the title of the chosen widgets and view the page in full.

It was also mentioned that V8 would enable the function to be added easily, has this occured as I can find no reference to it in V8 section lists etc?

Or have I missed it?

Sorry if this has already been covered...

Thanks guys
    Daren
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

This is done not with section links, but with extended information windows.

You create the compact listing of products within a section, and then each one of these products has an extended information page that opens in the same window (rather than a pop-up) and includes an add to cart button.

I'm in the process of writing the AUG, which will explain this, but for now the process is:

1) Create your product which will appear within the compact listing.

2) Switch to the 'Extended Information' tab and select 'Generate Pop-Up Page'. In the 'Image' field select the larger image you want to use for the product, and in the 'Text' field you can enter the longer description.

3) Set 'Extended Information Page Design' to 'Includes Add To Cart Button'.

4) Set 'Type of Extended Information Page' to 'Opens in Same Window'.

This sets up everything technically - but the extended information page will be very plain. To address this, copy and paste all the design elements you want from your outer page layout into the 'Includes Add To Cart' button layout. The easiest way to access the 'Includes Add To Cart Button' layout is via the library.

Comment

Cheers Chris

I am using the compact layout in v7 already (so why I did not think of this I will never know )

Works ace technically, but the library is a bit any clues to the location? Cannot find the add to cart layout...

Thanks again, can't wait for the final release (still 01/08/06ish?)

Regards
      Daren
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Hi Daren,

I believe it is Design - Library - Layouts - ExtendedInfoPageDesign - Includes Add to Cart Button - double click and Bob's your uncle! Took a bit of finding, mind you.

Regards,

David
        -----------------------------
        www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

You got there just before I responded

The other way to edit extended information page layouts is to switch to the 'Design' tab, then make sure you you have a product selected. Then use the tabs at the bottom left to view the product's details (rather than the layout code). Change to the 'Extended Information' tab and click the 'Preview' button that is in the 'Extended Info Page Design' field this will toggle to show the extended informaiton page design in the preview - and you can edit the layout there.

Comment

Rest assured Chris, I won't be making a habit of it!

I'm just trying to follow all your recommendations in an effort to come to an understanding of what V8 represents. First impressions are of a very powerful programme with lots of goodies attached. Just need to start understanding the goodies on offer!

Thanks,

David
            -----------------------------
            www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

>They will also be able to click on the title of the chosen widgets and view the page in full.

Can I just clarify something - I too would like to be able to allow the customer to click on the product title from a list of products in a section (Not so keen on the More... or Image link or Image Button) is this possible?

Comment

This is possible. You just need to replace your ProductName variable in your product layout with something like:

<a href="<actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageName" />">
                <actinic:variable name="ProductName" />
                </a>

Comment

Working...
                X