vat and tax setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vat and tax setup

Hi, been looking through v8 as i was hoping it might have answer to my v6 problem.

I notice in layout you can select to display tax inclusive or exclusive, but I dont see an option for this in 'view basket' layout.

I take it this means actinic has not addressed the issues of vat and retail customers.

Ie, retail customs want to see all inclusive prices throughout the store and checkout and the merchant wants a vat breakdown from actinic.

The retail customer does not want to see vat anywhere as it confuses them but the merchant needs this info for accounting reasons.

I might be wrong but I dont think this has been address in v8 which is a huge flaw in my mind. I hope they have this fixed in a production release.
    Treasure Island Sweets

We took a good long hard look at this for v8, and realised that it would mean that v8 wouldn't be able to come out this year if we developed this feature as it would have taken too long.

It's gutting - as I really want to see this too.

Comment

that a real blow, as we are now vat reg i assumed actinic would be up to the job.

They must know how retail works. Customers dont want to be boged down with taxs and vat, they just want one price and the merchant needs the vat details.

This is a standard request I would of thought.

Are there any workarounds.

We use sage and i was hoping to link the two together.
      Is it possable maybe when using link to have sage calculate vat off an order somehow as net.

This is a very big flaw in actinic as far as we are concerned and one I am suprised has not been addressed.
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Unfortunately most of customers sell internationally, so there is a big requirement to be able to show tax seperately, and possibly remove it during the cart and checkout. Also, with regards to Sage, it does require ex VAT prices being taken into Sage from Actinic in order to calculate all its tax reports correctly.

Comment

Chris,

Is this something that will be able to be worked on during the life of version 8 and added later or are we looking that this feature will/may be added in version 9 at the earliest?

Comment

hi, so the best set up to get the info into sage will be to have all price excluding vat, let actinic add the vat and have all products on-line showing both including and excluding.
            Would i be right in taking this approch.
            Thanks
            wesley
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Hi, we've previously given a commitment that we will be doing a load of work on VAT inclusive pricing as part of the v9 development.

Chris

Comment

hi, so the best set up to get the info into sage will be to have all price excluding vat, let actinic add the vat and have all products on-line showing both including and excluding.
                Would i be right in taking this approch.
                That's right - although you can just show product prices in the store pages including VAT - you don't necessarily have to show prices in the store pages excluding VAT.

Comment

Working...
                X