X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemporary compact product layout

Hi Again

Boy this version is big...

Anyone got any idea how to change the product layout when using compact layout.

Instead of
    --------------
    WIDGET
    EXTINFO.LINK
    PRICE ADD TO CART
    QTY
    ---------------
    WIDGET
    EXTINFO.LINK
    PRICE ADD TO CART
    QTY

I am after
    -------------
    IMAGE | WIDGET | PRICE | QTY | ADD TO CART
    -------------
    ---------------
    ------------

etc

In a nice table layout. When attempting to do this in design or DW I seem to be missing something, any tips as to where the compact layout design lives?

Oh and another thing, cannot find the actinic.css file anywhere PLUS I do hope this is only a beta thing but when I change from header to header in the content tree it takes an age to switch to my selection.

Cheers guys
    Keep it up, looking good
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Hi

I have not got around to editing the layouts in V8 seems a whole lot more complicated, i would like the option to select my own template as in V7, anyway

this is the code that i use in V7
    NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
    <tr>
    <td colspan="3">
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0"
    cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td align="left" width="40"><font FACE=ARIAL size="-2"><a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR"><i>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF</I></td></font>
    <td align="center" width="280"><font FACE=ARIAL size="-2">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</a></td></font>
    <td align="center" width="135"><font FACE=ARIAL size="-2">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</td></font>
    <td align="left" width="10">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY</td>
    <td align="left">NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</td></font>

</tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
    NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
    Hope this helps
    Darren

Comment

Thanks for that Darren

You are not wrong, only just started to mess with it and it is a biggy.

Just discovered to select standard layout and crack on from there...gonna be a steeeeeeeeeeeeeep curve IMHO

Regards
      Daren

Comment

OK

some one here has changed the templates so could i have a spot of help.

I do not want to sound like "in the old days" but in V7 i could select my product layout and edit it, how do i do this in V8 all i have are the options to create a new layout and it copies the existing layout, but i want to edit the template or do i have to use my text editor seperately, find the file on my pc and edit that way? Not sure if i am missing something obvious here

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

Hi chaps Have you read the beta testers guide yet? It will show you how simple it is to change the layout of things in v8.

1) Go to the 'Layout' tab of a product and change the 'Product Layout' to either ''Compact Layout Using CSS" or "No Image No Description Laid out In A Single Line". You can also select '<New>' to create your own custom layout to play with.

2) Change to the Design tab.

3) Click on the product you just edited in the preview. The code for the product layout will appear in the 'Layout Code' panel underneath the preview.

4) Change the code as you see fit and click the 'Undo' button on the toolbar to reverse out any change.

If you are not sure what a particular variable does, then you can look them up in 'Help | Variable Reference Guide'.

Please check out the beta testing guide. I think you'll find it useful to get your head around that before plunging into the software. v8 is different to v7 - but it is a great deal easier to use once you learn how the new design system works.

Comment

cheers Chris

Just been reading up...typical bloke I am afraid, never read instructions

Great stuff and I have to say, getting easier by the hour.

What is the projected release date of the completed version?

Regards
            Daren

Comment

Hi Chris

That serves me right for not reading the guides.

Thanks for the tips
              Cheers
              Darren

Comment

What is the projected release date of the completed version?
                Soon. The beta program is going well (there's a new version to check out from Friday if you haven't already done so) and so we are currently working towards ironing out the few issues that have arisen from the beta program and move towards a release.

Comment

Working...
                X