Some people are never happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are never happy

Ok I spend the morning working on the old beta, quite got used to the inline css.

I've now got the new beta, but where's the css gone?

I've changed to contemporary, I've got themes.css from site1 folder, but can't see actinic.css or the css that was inline.

I'm not using DW, just seeing what I can do within Actinic at present, just manipulating whats there.

Thought I'd use a combo of actinic and topstyle....or am I moving the goal posts?

I found actinic.css in the Preview folder.

I uninstalled old beta, removed v8 folder and installed new beta.

Comment

Cheers for that Jo

Posted earlier as I could not find it....thanks for the pointer

Regards
      Daren
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Ok guys what's going on.....

no actinic.css in site1.

copy actinic.css from preview folder to site1

don't see any changes to site after making changes to css file, either inline view or using preview

only way to see effect of css is to upload site to webspace and separately ftp the actinic.css afterwards

I was making better progress with the old beta

Comment

Jo - you should still be able to see the actinic.css under Design Tab > Select Page Type

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

ok cool its there, how do it edit it?

the edits I did to actinic.css (taken from previewand put in site1) are not shown in this file

So what is thisfile and how to i get to it?

I was having such a sucessful day too!

Comment

This was posted by Josh from Actinic

so using Chris's example again
              1) In Dreamweaver, create a blank file and save it as 'actinic.css' Save this file in the DW folder with the other external page designs.
              2) Then in Dreamweaver go to 'Actinic | Import a design from Actinic'
              3) Select 'Actinic StyleSheet' from the list and click 'Insert'. This has inserted all the styles from the 'Actinic StyleSheet' layout in Actinic.
              4) Save the file.
              5) Now go to 'Actinic | Register a Design With Actinic'.
              6) Rather than selecting <All Pages> scroll down and just select 'Actinic Stylesheet'.

DW will then treat the design as the CSS file and include it into the page designs when you are editing them in DW... this is not as good as having the rendered CSS file, but it will mean you dont have to keep maintaining the CSS copies (and it behaves like V7)

I did speak with him on the phone and although not tried this does seem like a fantastic way to release into the site1 folder and still allow editing inside Actinic.

He promised to look at introducing it to the automated DW interface to make it a 1 click option also ... fingers crossed

Bikster

Comment

The mistake we made in v7 is the stylesheet template should have been called 'Act_StylesheetTemplate.css' or something - rather than 'actinic.css'.

The 'actinic.css' file that was in the 'Site1' folder in v7 was a template, just like Act_Primary.html or Act_ProductLine.html. The 'actinic.css' file in 'PreviewHTML' is the generated file - produced by the template. It is unfortunate that they shared the same name.

There are now no longer any html templates in the 'Site1' folder - this includes the template for the stylesheet. The stylesheet layout is now called 'Actinic Stylesheet' and you can access it by selecting 'Actinic Stylesheet' in the 'Select Page Type' drop down on the 'Design' tab. This layout then produces a file called 'actinic.css' in the 'PreviewHTML' folder and the 'SiteHTML' folder.

You can edit this Actinic Stylesheet layout using Actinic. If you would prefer to edit it via Dreamweaver, then do the following:

1) In Dreamweaver, create a blank file and save it as 'actinic-stylesheet-template.css' or something. Save this file wherever you like.
                2) Then in Dreamweaver go to 'Actinic | Import a design from Actinic'
                3) Select 'Actinic StyleSheet' from the list and click 'Insert'. This has inserted all the styles from the 'Actinic StyleSheet' layout in Actinic.
                4) Save the file.
                5) Now go to 'Actinic | Register a Design With Actinic'.
                6) Rather than selecting <All Pages> scroll down and just select 'Actinic Stylesheet'.

This file in Dreamweaver is now used as the source code for the Actinic StyleSheet layout in Actinic and you can edit it in Dreamweaver.

Comment

B****x

I'm not using DW, just a combo of actinic and css editor, so does that mean we can't edit the css if we are only tweaking from with actinic?

I could do this this morning in beta1! Granted it was the inline that I was messing with.

2 steps forwards 1 backwards...

Comment

You can edit this Actinic Stylesheet layout using Actinic.
                    How do i do this?

Comment

The stylesheet layout is now called 'Actinic Stylesheet' and you can access it by selecting 'Actinic Stylesheet' in the 'Select Page Type' drop down on the 'Design' tab.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                        How do i do this?
                        Make sure in design mode and edit the bottom box as if you were editing the product layout code and the changes appear above in the preview pane

Bikster

Comment

ta jont....I was trying to edit the top box, as I had section details in the bottom box

Sorry Chris, jont is obviously able to better read my mind!

Comment

Also if you wanted to edit the actinic stylesheet in a standard css editor rather than Actinic (or Dreamweaver) then do the following:

Create a new blank file in your 'Site1' folder called 'custom.css' (or something).

Copy and paste the entire contents of the 'Actinic Stylesheet' layout into this file.

Delete the following two lines:
                            /*import theme-specific classes */
                            @import url("theme.css");

Save the file.

Now go to Actinic and in the 'Design' tab select 'Actinic Stylesheet' from the 'Select Page Type' window.

Underneath
                            @import url("theme.css");
                            add the following line:
                            @import url("custom.css");

You can now delete all the other classes in the layout.

You can now edit 'custom.css' in whatever editor you want, and Actinic willl substitute all the variables.

Comment

ok another Q

can I have the layoutcode Actinic style sheet at the bottom of the screen and graphic view at the top? so I can see the effect of the css change immediately?

Comment

Working...
                              X