Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalogue Menus in v8

Hi

It's always been a concern that we have had only one way to list our products (in our case, by brand (nike, adidas etc) OR by product type (eg, shorts, tshirts etc) - not both), can v8 sort products menus in multiple ways?

Actinic support forum rules by the way! Thanks for the public beta, I'm downloading it right now!

Cheers

Last edited by 0ad; 26-Jul-2006, 11:24 AM. Reason: trying to make it a bit clearer

Because Actinic uses static HTML pages, you need to really list each product twice in the store - once in a section called 'Nike' (or whatever) and once in a section called 'Shorts' (or whatever) to use straightforward sections to list your products.

You do have the ability to search on user definable fields (formally known as custom properties) in Actinic. So you could create a new field called 'Brand' or something, and assign values for all of your products. If you look at the section on 'Searchchable Properties' in the help you'll see how to add a list of these values to your search page. You can then copy and paste this drop down list into your overall page layout.

Comment

Thanks Chris

I think thats what i'll do, and with search results shown as thumbnails, there shouldnt be too much visible difference between going to the 'real' brand section and 'fake' category section - which will really be hardcoded links to the custom search results, yay!

I better test this before celebrating actually!

Cheers

Comment

Copying Code From Search Page

Can anyone help me with this please...

I have created two user defineable variables, one for Brand and one for Product Type. I now have them on my Search Results page and they work beautifully, but they are linked in with the standard Search field on the page.

What I want to do is copy the relevant code onto my home page so I can have just the two drop down lists that I have created and have them without any other search fields or drop down lists such as the Price Band list.

The full code for all of this is:

Code:
        <form method="get" action="<actinic:variable name="OnlineScriptURL" value="Search Script URL" />">
        <input type="hidden" name="RANDOM" value="<actinic:variable name='Random'/>" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsHostMode%22%20%2f%3e">
           <!-- Hidden field when in trial mode -->
           <input type="hidden" name="SHOP" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="HiddenFields"/>" />
        </actinic:block>

<input type="hidden" name="PAGE" value="SEARCH" />

<Actinic:Variable Name="SearchPrompt"/> <Actinic:Variable Name="RetailOnlyWarning"/>
                 <br /><br />

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
                    <tr>
                       <td valign="top">
                          <b><Actinic:Variable Name="SearchString"/></b><br />
                          <input type="text" name="SS" size="40" />
                          <br />
                          <Actinic:Variable Name="SearchCombine"/>
                          <input type="radio" name="TB" checked="checked" value="A" />
                          <Actinic:Variable Name="SearchAndPrompt"/>
                          <input type="radio" name="TB" value="O" />
                          <Actinic:Variable Name="SearchOrPrompt"/>&nbsp;<Actinic:Variable Name="SearchCombineText2"/>
                          <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
                          <!--
                             for (nIndex = 0; nIndex < document.forms.length; nIndex++)
                              {
                               if (document.forms[nIndex] && document.forms[nIndex].SS)
                                 {
                                 document.forms[nIndex].SS.focus();
                                 }
                              }
                          // -->
                          </script>
                       </td>
                      <td valign="top">
                          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PriceSearchIsAllowed%22%20%2f%3e">    
                            <b><Actinic:Variable Name="SearchPriceRangeLabel"/></b>
                            <br />
                            <actinic:variable name="SearchPriceBandList" />
                      </td>
                    </tr>
                    <actinic:variable name="SearchablePropertyList" />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSearchablePropertiesCombinedWithAnd%22%20%2f%3e" />
                       <input type="hidden" name="GB" value="A" />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSearchablePropertiesCombinedWithOr%22%20%2f%3e" />
                       <input type="hidden" name="GB" value="O" />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SearchBySectionsUsed%22%20%2f%3e" />
                       <tr>
                          <td colspan="2" valign="bottom"> <b><Actinic:Variable Name="SearchControlLabel"/></b><br />
                             <select name="SX">
        								<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22SetupSearchAllSections%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20False">
        									<option value="0"> </option>
                                <actinic:variable name="SearchSectionList" />
                             </select>
                         </td>
                      </tr>
                   <tr>
                      <td colspan="2" valign="bottom">
                         <input type="submit" name="ACTION" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="SearchLabel"/>" />
                      </td>
                   </tr>
                </table>

<!-- alert("<Actinic:Variable Name="UnregCustomersNotAllowedMessage"/>");
                 return false; -->

</form>
        I have tried to unpick the relevant bits of code and delete what I don't want but I seem to be deleting essential code that is holding it all together.

I can get it so it looks fine on the screen but when the code is uploaded to the server and tested it sends me to the search results page and displays this message:

Missing text search join mode. Please specify AND or OR.
        Is there anyone who is good at code who fancies a challenge?
        Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Ok don't all rush at once!

I've sorted this now so if anyone else needs help just reply to this thread and I'll try to be of assistance.
          Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Comment

Missing text search join mode. Please specify AND or OR.

I'm getting this on my simple search as well. What is the issue?

Thanks,

Neil

Comment

Hi Neil,

So you get this error in the quick search bar? Have you made any changes to the code?

It might be worth restoring the default layouts in Design | Library | Layouts | Quick Search Bar. You can actually see if the layouts have been modified by clicking "Highlight Customised Layouts With (*)".

If that doesn’t help is it possible for you to post a URL so I can take a look?
              Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi Tony,

I managed to restore the original and all is now working fine!!

thanks anyway,

Neil

Comment

Working...
                X