Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Charges on Extra Heavy Items

Hi,

I'm just dipping my toes into Actinic for the first time so I'll apologise in advance if I've missed the obvious.

Our store will hold some 6,000 items all of which will be fairly small & light weight so using Actinic's shipping methods will be straightforward.

However, we also have a few very heavy items (printing presses) that need to have their shipping charges calculated separately. For instance, Press A will cost £80 shipping, Press B £90, Press C £120, etc.

I don't want to include the shipping in with the unit price so is there a way to tell Actinic to charge £x shipping for a particular item?

I've tried giving these items unique weights but it all goes wrong when there is an order for two of these extra heavy items.

Many thanks

Richard

You do need to use weights, in the product details, there is a box called 'ship separately' next to the weight field on the details tab, if you tick this, these items will be treated as individual shipping items rather than included in the orders, so if you add 2, two charges of £80 will be added to the order, would that help.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Many thanks for your response Jan,

I did think of this, but our set up is as follows:

If a customer orders "standard" items the postage is £4.25. If they order a press the postage is, say £14.00. However, if they order both a press and some "standard" items we pack everthing in with the press and charge the press rate, i.e. £14.00.

What I'm, ideally, looking to do is to add a shipping supplement to the press of, say, £9.75 so that, with the standard postage rate of £4.25 will add up to £14.00.

Does this make sense?

Richard

Comment

Richard, one idea you could try is to use low weights and very high weights to effectively create two shipping tables within the same table.

So if your weights for your "standard" items are say 1, 2, 3 etc you set up a table to calculate these as you describe.

For your presses, you give them a "weight" that is much much bigger, so that no-one ever orders enough "standard" items to get the "weight" of a press e.g. each press is weight 1,000.

You then enter values for weight 1,000 that reflect the cost of shipping the press.

Now, if your customers order standard items the bottom of the table will be used, but if they order a press then effectively a new set of costs, at the top of the table are used. If they order both, the top of the table will be used.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris,

That's just the idea I've been playing with over the weekend and it's working fine.

Richard

Comment

Working...
          X