Can I start a new site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I start a new site?

I have noticed that the File/Sites.. menu option is disabled - is this just in the beta version?

Can I start a new site so I can experiment with different themes and design options?

If I make mistakes in one site and then start on another, will I be able to start from scratch or will I be importing all my mistakes into the new site?
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

Beta only allows one site at a time.

Comment

You can copy the original database into your site1 directory, this should sort out most things because the design is stored in the database now. The file is called actinicCatalog.mdb and is in the original subdirectory, move it to the site1 directory.

Just changing your theme won't correct any changes you have made to your design objects - eg: layouts, variables, conditions etc.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have noticed that the File/Sites.. menu option is disabled - is this just in the beta version?
        It is for all evaluation versions. It was even the same in v7 and before.
        Can I start a new site so I can experiment with different themes and design options?
        No, it is not possible in eval version. Some licensed versions like Business Multisite and Designer will allow this. Lower versions will require a new license key to start a new site.
        If I make mistakes in one site and then start on another, will I be able to start from scratch or will I be importing all my mistakes into the new site?
        New sites are started with a clean default database.
        Zoltan
        Actinic Software
        www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X