Beta Version of Advanced Users Guide Available For Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Version of Advanced Users Guide Available For Download

Hi all - the beta version of the Advanced Users Giuide ofr v8 is finally available for download. This includes re-written versions of lots of the v6/v7 tips, together with lots of great new tips and tricks with v8.

Click here for the file

It hasn't been thoroughly tested by lots of people yet (only be me) so if you do come accross any problems, please let me know by emailing cdicken at actinic.co.uk or else just posting here.

Where is it available from Chris? The Actinic site does not show any v8 guides on there at the moment

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Bit keen there - I posted my message before the file had finished uploading. Check my inital message now.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        Bit keen there
        That's me no point loitering

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          That's me no point loitering
          Have you read the AUG, corrected any errors, and rewritten the code for version 9 yet Jont?

Well what are you waiting for.....

Comment

Thanks Chris - just nabbed my copy.

BTW the link to Actinic Support Home page from the Actinic Knowledgebase is broken. I saw the knowledgebase content on V8 earlier today and had that open when I saw your post - tried to go straight to Support | Downloads...

Also a belated thanks for a very well conducted session last Thursday, with yourself, Darren and Josh in the room we were especially favoured with a tremendous amount of in-depth programme knowledge. Like Jo, I found the hands-on stuff really valuable - it is one thing to read how to do, and yet another to actually do! I find myself wishing v7 would die - I want to do v8
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for pointing out the broken link. I have made the change and it should now work .. once it uploads

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Nice work Chris.

... and just in time for this weeks design course

Bikster

Comment

@ Bruce - thanks, fella - sorry we did not meet.

@ Jont - pass the salt
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

AUG error in Only Displaying the First Ten Words...

On page 16 the line
                    Code:
                    $sOriginal = "<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />";
                    should use single quotes. I.e.
                    Code:
                    $sOriginal = '<actinic:variable encoding="perl" name="ProductDescription" selectable="false" />';
                    The original line will work most of the time but will throw an error message if there's a double quote in the product description.

Another suggestion for the AUG. Put code snippets into very small text. This way there will be less chance of them being inadvertantly truncated, especially in PDF versions.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Another suggestion for the AUG. Put code snippets into very small text. This way there will be less chance of them being inadvertantly truncated, especially in PDF versions.
                      Good idea. You'll be pleased to know that we aren't doing PDF versions of the v8 AUG - to try and cut down on the problems.

Most of the code is already in 9pt. I'll experiment with some different font sizes next time I update the guide.

Comment

Working...
                      X