Price export/import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price export/import

Is there a way to export all of the prices to Excel (or Access) change the prices and then import them all back in?

I've tried using the Export/Import on the File menu but the import doesn't like the changed file.

Richard

When you import it, do you set the import file type to hierarchical?

Otherwise you can export the information directly from the database or you can use one of our tools - the profit and pricing tool http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Pro...cing_Tool.html - to do this easily.

Regards.
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,

I'm guessing that your pricing tool won't work with V8.

Yes I do set the import file to hierarchical but I get the error "There is a syntax error in the Header directive at line 1. The error reported is: Invalid record name"

Richard

Comment

Actually all of our products work with V8, they will be available for use this week (tomorrow actually if my plan rolls out as it should) but will be marked as beta versions for the next 4 to 8 weeks.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks again Jan

I've downloaded the pricing tool and I'll have play.

Having said that, does anyone know if there's any reason why I can't alter the ActinicCatalog.mdb file directly in Access?

I've opened it in Access 2003 and altered the prices and product descriptions and all seems to work well - surely, it can't be that easy can it?

Richard

Comment

The V8 (beta) version of the Profit and Pricing Tool is now available at:

http://www.mole-end.biz/download/ME_CostPrice.exe

Comment

Export - Import

I have exported to a hierarchical file, changed the prices and reimported as an hierarchical file and this works fine. In the hierarchical file you can delete everything exept the Product, Attributes, Choices and Permutations and it will still reload OK.

Ho! I use my own Product References - this may by significant!

Hope this is what you wanted!

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the info....

Do you know of any problems if the ActinicCatalog.mdb is edited in Access?

Richard

Comment

Do you know of any problems if the ActinicCatalog.mdb is edited in Access?
                  Not really - just make sure you take a backup first

Comment

Working...
                  X