V8 theme image generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 theme image generator

Is it possible to get to the exe than creates the images that go with the layouts.

I want to change the images called theme-curve, to remove the background that seems to get included into the image. Ie replace palette2 with paletteBG.

I know I could edit the actual images but I don't want to do this as I want my new theme to be completley interchangeable with the palette colours

Hi Jo - which theme are you looking to change. I can let you have the original *.psd/*.png file if that's any use, and then you can re-export the graphic. Alternatively, you can just create a new one manually yourself and then start the ActCBNMaker.exe file in the 'Actinic v8' folder and use that to make the image colorisable.

Comment

ok that sounds excellent.

I was using the theme-curve images for grail.pinbrook.net/acatalog/index.html.

But was getting an orange corner on the tip of the curves, ie palette 2 where I want paletteBG.

Could I have all the images for the 4 new themes? in psd?

Can I build my own images that will change colour within the colouriser?

Comment

Actually - just realised that I don't have fireworks/psd files for the whole of the new theme designs. They were just created in a fairly piecemeal fashion. I'll have a sift through what I have and send you anything useful.

Comment

Thats good enough for me....

Comment

Alternatively, you can just create a new one manually yourself and then start the ActCBNMaker.exe file in the 'Actinic v8' folder and use that to make the image colorisable.
            Just how would I do this. There doesn't seem to be any documentation with ActCBNMaker.

Do I create a gif in site1, then open the exe and add it?

how does it know what colours to change it to?

how do I change the css add to cart image? I'd like to "improve" it a bit

Comment

Just how would I do this. There doesn't seem to be any documentation with ActCBNMaker.
              The only documentation there is for this is in the knownledge base: http://knowledge.actinic.com/acatalo...gn.html#aKB506

Do I create a gif in site1, then open the exe and add it?
              You have to create a folder in 'Themes' or 'ButtonSets' and then add the image to that. The easiest way to do this is click the 'Save Site Buttons As Custom Buttons' or 'Save Site Images As Custom Images' buttons in 'Design | Themes' and then replace the images in the new theme/button folders with your new ones.

how does it know what colours to change it to?
              It's in the documentation. Any black will become the palette background colour, reds become palette 1, greens become palette 2 and blues become palette 3.

how do I change the css add to cart image? I'd like to "improve" it a bit
              The class to look for in the stylesheet is 'form_button_add_to_cart':

.form_button_add_to_cart {
              line-height: 13px;
              height: 20px;
              width: 76px;
              margin: 0px 1px 0px 0px;
              padding: 1px 0px 1px 14px;
              font-size : <actinic:variable name="StandardFontSize" />;
              background-color: <actinic:variable name="Palette2" />;
              border: 1px solid <actinic:variable name="Palette1" />;
              color: <actinic:variable name="PaletteBG" />;
              float: right;
              background-image: url('theme_icon_add_to_cart.gif');
              word-spacing: normal;
              }

Comment

Thats going to keep me quiet for a while!

One more Q though. In V8, what is the relationship between the buttonSets and the images in the site1 folder. Ie at what point does the buttonSet folder replace the button images in site1? and if I change a button in the button set folder what do I need to do to see it copied into site1

In order for my buttonset to be colourisable I assume I need to create a buttonset folder for my new theme

Comment

One more Q though. In V8, what is the relationship between the buttonSets and the images in the site1 folder. Ie at what point does the buttonSet folder replace the button images in site1?
                  The buttons get copied in when you change the button set that is used by the site. This can be done by a theme change. The images get coloured as they are copied into the 'Site1' folder.
                  And if I change a button in the button set folder what do I need to do to see it copied into site1
                  You just need to change to that button set via a theme change.
                  In order for my buttonset to be colourisable I assume I need to create a buttonset folder for my new theme
                  Yep. The folders within 'ButtonSets' and 'Themes' are automatically added into the 'Advanced Themes Configuration' menus. If you want your new theme to be in the 'Simple' list then you need to edit the file called 'themes.ini' in C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Formats. Once you open the file, you'll see the format is pretty self-explanatory.

Comment

Working...
                  X