Not charging VAT For VAT Registered Custoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not charging VAT For VAT Registered Custoners

Thanks to everyone for help with my recent postings.

We have many customers in the EU (non-UK), some are VAT registered and we do not charge these customers VAT (they pay their own counties VAT rate) and everyone else pays VAT at 17.5%.

If I was to give all my EU (non-UK) VAT registered customers (trade customers) an account, is their any way I could set Actinic v8 up so they are not charged VAT in the shopping basket and at checkout? All my other EU (non-UK) customers would still need to be charged VAT as is the current standard set up.

Regards

Unfortunately, you can't currently achieve this using customer accounts. However, it's a standard feature of Actinic v7 and v8 to allow VAT exemption when a VAT registration number is quoted when selling outside the home country.

See Business Settings: Tax : Allow exemption checkbox.

Chris

Comment

Actually I think you can do this, if you set up an account for a customer, there is a check box on the address page to mark them as VAT exempt, along with a box for their VAT number. It's the same in V7 and V8.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X