automatic account creation and decimal places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic account creation and decimal places

Am I right in understanding that there is still no provision for eithe r of the following:

1. automatic creation of customer accounts on the fly
    2. an increased number of decimal places on pricing

Probably the 2 highest items on my wish list and I have the impression probably many other people's !!??
    Richard
    www.worldofenvelopes.com

1. automatic creation of customer accounts on the fly
    actinic is not a database driven app therefore this is not possible

don't know about 2

Comment

Hi Richard

There are no more decimal places within v8 for prices.

Are you primarily interested in this from the point of view of correct tax calculation? If so, then we have already commited to substantially re-work the area of tax for a future release of Actinic.

Comment

Hi Chris and thanks for your reply.

No, I don't worry about tax because I always quote prices excluding vat, much to some customers' dismay ! In any case, anyone who's been in business for as long as I have knows that the rounding of VAT differs between systems and that sometimes you have to manually adjust for it.

My hope had rather been that the actual product price might now include up to 4 decimal places, ideally. In other words down to 0.01p (point zero one of a penny) for example. The reason for this is we sell envelopes. If we sold them individually, many would sell at less than 1p each so we have to quote price in larger quantities (currently in 10's) in order to get the pricing to work with Actinic but this confuses our customers because our products are not 'packaged' or banded in 10's.... so it would be much easier to quote a price 'each'.

A secondary reason for wishing for this is to do with a little trick I thought I could do to make the ordering of free samples easier. My idea was to offer single products free (Price for 1=£0.0000). There would then be a price break on 2 or more to stop people from ordering more than one free sample, but the actual sales batches would be in multiples of 10's at, say, £0.1350 each (£1.35 for 10), etc.

It would mean that the price each for 10 would be higher than the price each for 1. So I would 'Hide' the Price display for 1 or 2 products, so that the price range started at 10. I would then force customers to select in batches of 10 via a dropdown list of quantities, rather than letting them enter their own quantity.

I think this could all work very well but the only way I can see doing it right now is to force all my individual product prices to be in whole pennies, which does not work well for us or our customers because I think it means that a product that currently sells for £0.37 per 10 for 5000 or more (i.e. £185 for 1000) would have to be priced at either 3p or 4p each and the price would therefore become either £150 or £200 for 5000, instead of the current £185...quite a big difference ! and of course it gets worse, the larger the quantity.

It basically means (IMHO) that the decimal point restriction makes Actinic rather undesirable for anyone selling large quantities of small value items. And it would seem to be SUCH a simple thing to change
        Richard
        www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

sorry that should have read £185 for 5000 !!
          Richard
          www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

OK - understood. I'll see if this is being covered as part of the proposed tax re-work.

Comment

Hi Richard

Having more than two decimal places is under consideration for the planned tax re-work, but as with all these things it could change a lot by the time the product is actually released.

Comment

Working...
              X