Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping

Haven't downloaded the beta yet but started to get interested when I wanted to make some changes to our V7 store - we currently only ship within the UK and shipping is charged by item:

First item: £1.95
    Each additional item: +50p
    If the order value is over £35, then shipping is free.

We've had lots of feedback from customers that they are very happy with our shipping pricing model and therefore we are keen to keep it.

Now we want to start selling to international customers, on the back of numerous requests, in particular other EU countries. However, for these customers we don't want to offer the free shipping and so the pricing model for their shipping charges would look something like this:

First item: £5.95
    Each addition item: +50p

I've been reading around the forums and from what I can see it's not possible in V7 to implement this but it might be once a maintenance pack is released for V8. Is there any kind of even vague guidance when this would be planned for?

If I've got all the above correct we will either have to change our shipping model or not sell to overseas customers. Or will there be some way to accomodate this in V8 from the start?

We are committed to making some shipping improvements, which will definitely improve free shipping level by zone.

However, this work hasn't been scheduled yet. So I believe that we are talking about months, not weeks, before this will be done.

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X