• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message and Attribute problem

took one of my 7.06 sites and made into clean layout

Made snapshot of site

Imported to V8 got the following error message
    error c:\program files\actinic v8\formats\buttonsets\base grey buttons\thumbs.db to: c:\program files\actinic v8\formats\buttonsets\base grey buttons\thumbs.db access is denied

Although site information was moved to v8.

With site now offline in V8 i find the attributes changes from radio buttons to drop down lists and unable to change any attributes either drop down or radio buttons as no "Layout" button / tab visable

Made new product and attributes and that works ok
    Chris Ashdown

I reported the issue with permissions and thumbs.db within the button sets folders as a bug last week.

I don't know how to deal with the consequences, except to remove the thumbs.db and re do the snapshot

Comment

Hi Chris

Could I ask you to report this issue with your imported attributes/choices having no 'Layout' tab to the v8beta@actinic.co.uk email address. They can look into what happened there.

I think the change from radio buttons to drop down lists is because that is the default choice layout in v8. You can change the default in 'Settings | Site Options | Layout' under the 'Attribute' sub-heading.

Comment

Have sent as requested

The problem is there is no layout button visable to change them back
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

The problem is there is no layout button visable to change them back
          Is there a 'Layout' tab?

Comment

No it's missing on the attributes that were transfered over, but if I make a new one then the layout tab is there
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

I've seen this before. Could you try setting the 'Category' field for an attribute to 'Standard'. Does this make the 'Layout' tab appear?

Comment

Tried

Design|Content Catergories|Attribuutes = set to standard by default no other options shown
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

I was thinking of the 'Category' field that is on the actual 'General' tab of the attribute.

Comment

It is set to standard with no other options
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

And there is definitely no 'Layout' tab next to the 'General' tab of the attribute? Could you show me a screenshot?

Comment

Enclosed jpg

Do you want me to send a snapshot original from v7 and from v8 as is
                        Attached Files
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

sorry better jpg
                          Attached Files
                          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi there

Please send me a snapshot of the v7 site to cdicken at actinic.co.uk. I'll pass this onto the development team to help fix this for 8.0.1

Comment

Working...
                            X