v8 Showcase / Example Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buspassjohn
    Lee, it works for me in Firefox, just checked in IE7 and it does what you say, wierd! Thats what you get when you try to avoid Microshite!

More work I guess
    Unfortunately, 80% of users still use IE. If you are going to get it right in one browser, aim for IE.

Comment

Originally posted by LooseDrumSticks
      Unfortunately, 80% of users still use IE. If you are going to get it right in one browser, aim for IE.
      Yes you're right, doesn't mean to say we have to like it, personally I can't understand why anyone still uses IE.

Now I have to find out whats wrong with the Js that works with one and not the other!!

Comment

Yes you're right, doesn't mean to say we have to like it, personally I can't understand why anyone still uses IE
        I don't either, but at the end of the day, it's not about our preference...

Comment

IE is the standard browser on any windows system and (to a surfer) it presents no problems whatsoever. It's common sense that they will always use this. As long as the internet lives on there will always be at least 80% of users on IE. There is very little wrong with IE7, only the fact that it is made by Microsoft.

Most things made by Microsoft are snubbed, yet almost everyone uses them, makes me laff.

Comment

I guess you can only laugh when a program you've just shelled out hundreds for treats you like a criminal with its "Windows Genuine Advantage" crap and takes you 20 minutes to update all the security patches since it was manufactured.

Contributing to Bill's Billions is highly hilarious.

Comment

I guess you can only laugh when a program you've just shelled out hundreds for treats you like a criminal with its "Windows Genuine Advantage" crap and takes you 20 minutes to update all the security patches since it was manufactured.
              If anyone purchases new software and expects to never have a problem, i'd suggest they never purchase new software. Stick to the 5 year old outdated crap.

Contributing to Bill's Billions is highly hilarious.
              Noone has to contribute at all, it is your money and you choose what to buy. This guy has ruthlessly run a business and it is the biggest success story you will ever meet in your lifetime, PERIOD. Love him, hate him, it doesn't matter, the business this guy has built is truly awe inspiring. If any of us could go back to when he first started and be told the success it would become, i fail to accept that anyone would say "no".

If he can now tell you "to jump" and you say "how high?", that is not his problem, it is merely a measure of just how good he is at business.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack

If he can now tell you "to jump" and you say "how high?", that is not his problem, it is merely a measure of just how good he is at business.
                I may have to buy his products because my customers use them but fortunately he can't tell me to do anything.

Comment

I may have to buy his products because my customers use them but fortunately he can't tell me to do anything.
                  What exactly do you have to buy because your customers use it?

Comment

Other options for the Anti-Microsoft (or as it is sometimes (very humerously) put Micro$oft -- I just hate that!), include:

. Linux
                    . Apple Mac
                    . Open Source
                    . Do not use computers at all

I have never been offended by Bill Gates, and as Lee quite rightly says, he's a business man that has also donated some of his billions to good causes.

Comment

Cappa

99% of people who hate Microsoft and moan about them have 2 things in common:

1 - They use a number of their products daily.

2 - They have no rational thinking or any ideas on why they hate them, but a lot of other people do, so they do the same. It's trendy to hate Microsoft, but use their products daily also of course.

I am yet to meet a rational argument about this, with something genuine to hold onto. You are not forced to buy anything off him - PERIOD.

Like anyone who has become this successful, he is hated. Instead of trying to learn from icons like this guy, people choose to turn green and hate him instead, for no other reason than he is just too good.

If every business in the world was given just 5% of his business acumen each, i'd suggest most would become far more successful. If you read about this guy and find out about him, it is fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                        Cappa

99% of people who hate Microsoft and moan about them have 2 things in common:

1 - They use a number of their products daily.

2 - They have no rational thinking or any ideas on why they hate them, but a lot of other people do, so they do the same. It's trendy to hate Microsoft, but use their products daily also of course.

I am yet to meet a rational argument about this, with something genuine to hold onto. You are not forced to buy anything off him - PERIOD.

Like anyone who has become this successful, he is hated. Instead of trying to learn from icons like this guy, people choose to turn green and hate him instead, for no other reason than he is just too good.

If every business in the world was given just 5% of his business acumen each, i'd suggest most would become far more successful. If you read about this guy and find out about him, it is fascinating.
                        TOTALLY agree...

Comment

Come on guys - you are ruining this thread. If you want to debate MS then start another.

Comment

You haven't even been voted in as a MOD yet lol

Comment

getting things back on track here is another site that is almost finished http://www.allfusedglass.co.uk/ . Mr Gates can sleep sound tonight

Comment

Malcolm,

A few hard coded <br> tags have crept into your About Us page and the product descriptions. Probably from pasting from a Microsoft Word document
                                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                                X