No announcement yet.

v8 Showcase / Example Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.whitecloudtrading.co.uk/ - V7 conversion and tidy up. Converting to single product pages in pillow section. Lots left to do!

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
      www.whitecloudtrading.co.uk - V7 conversion and tidy up. Converting to single product pages in pillow section. Lots left to do!
      That's a nice looking site.
      In the pillows section..the product text (description and title) does a weird "font size change and underline" thing when I mouse-over it in FF.
      Not on the single product page, in the section/product list
      Just thought I should mention it..it's kinda irritating (sorry!)

Looks nice though...makes me feel sleeeeeeeeeepy (in a good way, of course )
      Tracey

Comment

Mine is also finished. www.supreme.fr/acatalog.
        Began in V5 in French, then converted into v7, then upgraded to v8. Upgrade was not very good, so it has been redesign totally in 8.5, to fit with the main site www.supreme.fr.
        Job done by Bill Campbell, a lot of work, sometimes the same job was done 2 or 3 times, as it is difficult for me to explain in English exactly what I would like to get .
        Thanks to him and to people on this forum for your help.
        Didier
        www.supreme.fr

Comment

Nice site Didier, I really like the colour combos. One small point, when i clicked on Terms and Conditions and the Delivery icons from the top of the page the resultant pop ups were too narrow for the content

Comment

Just a thought Didi but maybe the section subsection links are a bit light in colour for some people? (White text on beige) ...but a fantastic design. Well done to you and Bill. Also can live with the centre scroll, which I normally don't like very much.
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Thank you for your comments, it is always interesting.
              About the pop up, the page come from the www.supreme.fr site, and we thought that we do not need to show the full page, as we have the horizontal scroll and normally (but it can depend of the brower) we have all the information we need : for example for delivery, we can read all delivery Information in the windows without using the scroll bar.
              "section subsection links are a bit light in colour ": yes I know, but is difficult to get something better, if we want to stay in the same type of colours. I will check this again.
              I don't understand what you mean by "Also can live with the centre scroll ..." ?
              Didier
              www.supreme.fr

Comment

Didier,

George is saying that normally a scroll bar in the centre of the page is a bad thing, but your design and my coding do it so well, that your site is an exception to that rule and the scroll is acceptable.

I have to say, it has been one of my most difficult builds to date, but a very good initial design, combined with your attention to detail and refusal to accept second best have resulted in a very very nice site. I am disappointed so much has been lost in the upgrade/snapshot/transfer/import cycles.

We fixed the orderscript.pl to retain the shortened order number (four times?), we tested it in a test environment, you receive the snapshot of that test site and the changes are wiped (importing 851 HFUA snapshot into 851 HFUA?). Actinic definitely need to continue looking at the 'upgrade' trigger. Same version imports should never be amended by the programme.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                  George is saying that normally a scroll bar in the centre of the page is a bad thing, but your design and my coding do it so well, that your site is an exception to that rule and the scroll is acceptable.
                  Yes, as Duncan Balantyne would say `you pulled it off... well done`.
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Nice work guys looks good. Have to echo the sentiments about the colour contrast on the navigation.

disappointed so much has been lost in the upgrade/snapshot/transfer/import cycles.
                    This is Actinic's way to make developers look incompetent

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

We can probably cancel these scroll bar, as they are not usefull
                      your attention to detail and refusal to accept second best .
                      It is an euphemism without any doubt Bill !!!
                      Didier
                      www.supreme.fr

Comment

Personally I'd prefer to see a site use the full height of the page, truncating it can make it look odd on high res screens. But in the big picture its not going to make a huge difference one way or the other

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                          http://www.whitecloudtrading.co.uk/ - V7 conversion and tidy up. Converting to single product pages in pillow section. Lots left to do!

nice bird and "wouldn't say no"

Seriously massive long index page that goes on too long and is it advertising sheep or what.....kin hell

Comment

Originally posted by stonda

It is an euphemism without any doubt Bill !!!
                            Not at all. In fact the scroll bars demonstrate that. Several times I would have stopped, but your insistance that they should be just so kept me going and they were a central part of the original design.
                            Bill
                            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Where can we get free templates? I am looking to start working on my dad's ecommerce site and want to sell products online not sure how and where to start. Want to try it out if its good I will purchase within few days.

Comment

Have a look at this http://community.actinic.com/showthr...free+templates

Comment

Working...
                                X