2 sites at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 sites at once

I have a V7 site up and running and plan to build a v8 site on another PC. WOuld it be OK for me to load the v8 site up to a different web space to test it and then move to the correct hosting once I'm happy? Is this a breach of my license, seeing as it's for testing and dev only?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

I think many of us will be keeping v7 alive and kicking while building or upgrading the same site in v8, which could (sadly) take a while.

Hopefully you'll be able to to the testing from the same PC as well, maybe someone can confirm thats the case?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

You can just put V8 into test mode (V7 also) and then catalog will upload to a subdirectory of your V7 site.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I will be doing on a seperate PC as I'm doing it at home, not at the office.

So, I can install V8 on my home PC, put it in test mode and upload to my main webspace? Should I include the directory in my robots.txt exclusion?

Also, in test mode, will I be able to go through the full order process as if it were a live site? I guess the final hand over is always a bit fraught and maybe best done at midnight with lots of strong coffee to hand!
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Yep Jan'smethod is the best one to adopt.

Yes to all your Qs

Comment

Thanks very much for your help.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
            X