Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products in columns

Hi,

I could do this in V7, but can someone tell me how to create products in rows of 3 columns with litttle thumbnail images that then take you to the main product with full image and write-up in Actinic 8.

Thanks!
    Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
    Snuggle Feet
    Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Hi there

This is even easier in v8.

To put products in three columns just go to 'Settings | Site Options' and change the 'Column Count For Products' to '3'.

The way to do the 'full details' page is now done via the 'extended information' window.

The 'extended information window' functionality has been extended so the content in the pop-up window can open in the same window rather than in a pop-up window.

You can also now include an add to cart in these extended information pages.

The method for doing this, with instructions to follow, are all detailed in the v8 Advanced Users Guide in the section called 'Creating a Listing Page which Links Through to Full Details Pages'

Comment

Thanks Chris, this is a big HELP!
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet

Comment

Hi Chris,

Hope you had a nice bank holiday!

I've just done the 'Creating a Listing Page which Links Through to Full Details Pages' in the advance guide which works very well!

One little problem. Is their a way of making the 'related products' and 'also bought' items go to the 'extended view' page which is now the full product page.

When you click on the related product, it takes you to the page of thumbnails, it would be better for me if it went to the 'extended view' page (my normal product page now).
        Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
        Snuggle Feet

Comment

Hi,

I am having almost the same problem. I have found the option to make product columns and it is set to "2".

No matter what i do i cannot get the products to display in 2 columns, everything is in 3.

The page settings for the indevidual sections are set to "use parent=2"

Whats going on?

Bash
          Nineplus.com - Surfboards, Longboards, Wetsuits and Accessories.

Comment

Hi Bash,

I can get mine in two or three columns, that isn't my problem. I just want 'ralated products' and 'also bought products' to go to the new 'extended page' which is how my main product page and not to the thumbnails.

Ps. Can these new 'Extended pages' which are now full HTML pages be included in the site map?
            Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
            Snuggle Feet

Comment

Yeh, i have just added to this post instead of creating a new thread with exactly the same title.

Comment

One little problem. Is their a way of making the 'related products' and 'also bought' items go to the 'extended view' page which is now the full product page.

When you click on the related product, it takes you to the page of thumbnails, it would be better for me if it went to the 'extended view' page (my normal product page now).
                Yep - just edit the layouts to make the page link to <actinic:variable name="ExtendedInfoPageEncoded" />.
                Ps. Can these new 'Extended pages' which are now full HTML pages be included in the site map?
                Don't think so, no.

Comment

I am having almost the same problem. I have found the option to make product columns and it is set to "2".

No matter what i do i cannot get the products to display in 2 columns, everything is in 3.

The page settings for the indevidual sections are set to "use parent=2"
                  A URL would be useful here.

All you need to do is click in the 'Design' tab on the thing that is appearing in three columns. Then click the 'Navigate To Parent Layout' button (yellow spiral with an up arrow) until you have selected the list layout in the layout code panel. This will be called something like 'Standard Product List'. You can tell you are in a list layout when there is an orange link at the top of the list layout code that says 'Click here to edit list layout settings'. Then click this link, then change to the 'Edit Rows and COlumns' tab and change the 'No of Items' field to '2' rather than '3'.

Comment

hmm, ok, ive tried that. still not working

the url for my problem is:
                    http://www.bbd.me.uk/acatalog/Fourstroke.html

Bash

Comment

Dan,

The source code on the link mentioned still show that you are using 3 columns instead of 2. Can you check to see if the changes you applied are still there? Check in the preview to see if it works and then let us know.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Is it possible to have a vertical divider in the same row? thanks, JW

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure which row you mean but you could try adding your vertical divider into the list layout settings as mentioned by Chris above.
                          Tracey
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                          X