X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8 and customer accounts

I have a little problem

I am testing v8 out with customer account

For 1 of the products that we are planning to sell I unticked enabled next to the Retail customer group

Therfor when you view the page you get the message "This product is only available to registered customers" Thats perfect as I do not want unregistered customers to see prices

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk/aca...INT_CHEWS.html

When I log in under a test account

User: guest
    Password: guest

I get prices but no add to cart button.

If I go to another product the add to cart button is there

Where am I going wrong ??
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Hi David

Please ensure that your test account is within the customer group that you have enabled to buy the product (i.e. make sure the customer account isn't in 'Retail')

Comment

checked that one chris

customer group is set to trade

the strange thing is when i view all the other products i don't get this problem

it just seems to effect the product that i un-ticked enables for group retail

for the group trade both boxes are ticked.

I am using a clean v8 site with very little modification and i don't think that I have changed anything on the product layout template

Is there an original version somewhere where I can restore from to see if I have a template problem ?
      David Mawson
      Phoenix Trading

Comment

Hmmm. Ui are not doing anything wrong. This is a problem in the layouts in 8.0.0. I have reported it as a bug to be fixed in the next release.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that you can hide specific text using a piece of html that stops unregistered users from seeing whatever is hidden

If I used this code to hide the price add to cart and quantity field this would be a workaround yes ??
          David Mawson
          Phoenix Trading

Comment

Good thinking! Here's the workaround.

First of all, tick 'Enabled' for the 'Retail' customer group.

To hide the add to cart button for retail customers, put this code before the layout selector for the add to cart button:

<Actinic:NOTINB2B><div style="display: none;"></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

and put this code after it:

<Actinic:NOTINB2B></div></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

Then to only show the 'This customer is not available...' message to retail customers, replace the 'ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage' variable with:

<Actinic:NOTINB2B><br /><actinic:variable name="ProductPriceNotEnabledMessage" /></Actinic:NOTINB2B>

That will sort you out.

Comment

Prices Not SHowing Correctly Either

Chris, Paul,

I found exactly the same problem yesterday in a demo. However I also found that if I logged in as a customer account, the pricing did not reflect the 10% discount I had applied to the Customer Group. I have rechecked this a number of times (having achieved it numerous times in V7).

When can we expect the next release?

Comment

Mark - as I mentioned via email (and for the benefit of anyone reading this) customer-group pricing is working correctly in v8 so there is something in your setup that has caused the failure. I suggest contacting Actinic Support to see whether they can cast any light on it.
                When can we expect the next release?
                In a matter of weeks.

Comment

Chris, thanks for the message, I had already posted this prior to getting your email.

For the benefit of others, with a lot of testing in house yesterday, it seems that somehow MY IE6 settings were changed and the problem I had were related to the auto refreshing of my browser.

All is now well

Again thanks to Chris and the Actinic Support team

BTW V8 rocks, the feedback I have had during the past week of demos has been nothing short of fantastic !!

Comment

Working...
                  X