Problems installing V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing V8

We are upgrading our existing installation and get the error below.

v7\Sites\Site1\public_html\cms\____setup____
    could not be opened.

The installation then stops for V8 and installs my quickbooks link.
    Can anyone please help.

Site is at
    www.freeyourmobile.biz

v8 will install alongside v7 .... have you tried installing the copy as a clean install and then importing the old v7 site as a snapshot rather than upgrading an existing site to start with?

If you have partially installed v8 you will need to unistall, delete the v8 folder on the c drive and then start afresh

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Apologies in a vicious circle here.

Deleted Actinic 8 folder and got the error message when installing.

The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\\Sites.ini could not be opened.

Any ideas please

Comment

This should work. First uninstall V8 then delete the folder 'Program Files\Actinic V8' (and all it's subfolders). The reinstall V8 - when installing, select to install Version 8, not upgrade.

If this still gives you the error then it may be because you have already tried to upgrade a site and the registry keys may reflect that. In which case you could delete the Actinic V8 keys - of course only if you are fully confident in doing this - take care in the registry etc. etc. (in HKLM & HKCU)

After installing V8 as a seperate application (not upgraded V7) you can then import a snapshot of your original V7 site into the new V8 and it will upgrade the site.

Comment

Cheers for the advice as you were right I had previously installed V8 therefore could only upgrade.

However thinking about what you posted solved the problem by sending the problem folder v7\Sites\Site1\public_html\cms\____setup____ to the recycle bin updating V7 and restoring the folder back to V7 just incase.

I am now getting the message advising trial has ended but that should not be a problem as I have emailed actinic re this.

Cheers

Comment

Still no reply from actinic unfortunatly.
            I can't wait to try it.

Comment

Hi Alex

Sorry you haven't had an email back yet. Which address did you send it to?

I suggest calling Sales on 0845 129 4800 and someone will be able to help you directly.

Comment

Been away for a few days

v8beta@actinic.co.uk

Comment

Now version 8 is in production, this email is not the place to go for support now. You need to register a support email enquiry at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm or call sales on the number I have given you.

Comment

Working...
                  X