Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persistent Yellow Dot

Hi,

Have a problem I am sure is easily fixed but can't seem to find an easy solution. This is it!

Set to theme Clothes and made some changes.

Set to colour Sandstone. All colours various shades of brown except for a YELLOW DOT in front of each section name. I have several nested sections, all have the YELLOW DOT.

How do I change the colour of this YELLOW DOT to a dark brown similar to that used in this Colour Scheme?

Notes:

1. In the Colour Scheme on the Advanced Themes Configuration their is no yellow. So can't change colour here!

2. I know I could reference an image file name in every section. But I am looking for an easier way to change all the section image colours at one go?

Help!

Gordon

The dot is probably a GIF image (not at an Actinic PC at the moment) - preview the page in an external browser and check the filename - the image should be residing in the site folder - you can open the image and change the colour and save as the same filename.

Alternatively click on the variable which is inserting the dot and code a link directly to your image of choice

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks

Surprise, surprise the file is called section_image.gif
      Change the colour of the image in this file and it now matches my colour scheme.

Thanks for you help Jont.

Just need to change the Add to Cart image colour to complete the matching colour scheme. Unfortunately this is more difficult to change its colour!

Comment

Rather than trying to simply change the colour you are probably best creating the image from scratch to suit your design - recolouring a flattened image will often look a pig - best to stick with the existing dimensions of the orginal in case the size has been set explicitly somewhere in the code

Bikster

Comment

Found another quick way. In my v7, found a theme (Curves) with an add to cart image I liked and changed this theme to the colour I wanted (which by changes also changed the add to cart image colour). Then copied the gif file of this image to v8.

Regards Gordon

More then one way to skin a ...

Comment

Originally posted by FlashGordon
            More then one way to skin a ...
            see you went down the brute-force sledgehammer route in the end

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X