Fragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragments

Creating a new site the fragments work ok - I really like the wrapping text but when upgrading a site I am getting different results with different brochure page fragments - some work ok ie you can change the layout etc, some dont work at all and others do a combination of both. I have tried changing them all to the same settings but no effect.

This page works ok : http://www.the-old-smokehouse.co.uk/...spot-pigs.html

This one does not: http://www.the-old-smokehouse.co.uk/...og/Reward.html

It also is happening to a certain extent on the product pages - a new site and the text wraps nice but a upgraded site the text either remain as V7 or becomes centre justified and looks pants.

Hi Malcolm

Both the pages look the same to me, so I assume you have made some changes since posting this thread.

When you upgrade a site, Actinic will, by default, upgrade your v7 fragment and product layout templates and use the upgraded ones in the upgraded design.

You sound like you would prefer to use a new layout rather than an upgraded one. To do this:
    1. After an upgrade, change to 'Settings | SIte Options | Layout'
    2. Any field that has '(Upgraded)' as part of its set value, change this to something else. I cannot remember off the top of my head what the default v8 product and fragment layouts are called, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
    3. Then ensure that all your products, sections, brochure pages and fragments have 'Use Parent' in their settings to make sure they are using the v8 layout rather than the upgraded v7 one.
    You will only have to do the last one if you had set the products/sections/whatever in v7 to use a custom template rather than the default one.

Comment

Both the pages look the same to me, so I assume you have made some changes since posting this thread.
      Thats odd as they look different to me I have made no changes since posting.
      can someone else confirm please.

I tried everything you said above but whatever layout change I made it had no effect on the fragment layout.

Comment

one page is gloucester old spots

the other is salmon

Comment

Well done jo - you win a pack of Cumberland Sausages

No really what I am saying is that the Pig page has converted correctly ie it now has the larger brown heading text and the text wraps when the screen is resized. The salmon page however has remain with the V7 formatting - smaller black heading text and the text does not wrap when the window is resized - no matter what layout I select it stays the same. In V8 they both have exactly the same settings but the pages are displayed differently (On my screen anyway).

Comment

In V8 they both have exactly the same settings but the pages are displayed differently (On my screen anyway).
            Right - OK - I can see the difference now.

Please check the 'Layout' tab of the two fragments and check each one for the value in the 'Fragment Layout' field. This is where you can set the layout of a fragment. You might also have a Fragment Layout set within the 'Layout' tab of the pages that the fragments are within. It really should be set there somewhere - honest

Comment

I had tried all possible combinations yesterday with no effect - today I have done several compact databses and now the layouts have changed

Comment

Well done jo - you win a pack of Cumberland Sausages
                I do try to help sometimes..

anyway I've PMed you my address for the sausages

Comment

Working...
                X