Links to brochure pages in site menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links to brochure pages in site menu

I apologise in advance if this has already beew answered here, but after 2 days it's doing my head in!
    Have just installed the trial version of V8 after using V7 for quite a while.
    What I want to do should surely be simple, but having tried, tried and tried again and then searched, searched and searched again on the forums I cannot find a solution!
    I want a navigation menu made up of my custom buttons, which includes not only the cart and homepage links (easy), but also includes links to my additional brochure pages. About us, Our product... etc.
    Why can't I find out how to do it! Begining to think I'm really stupid at the moment, I'm sure someone out there will now prove it! (I hope)!

Hi Mark

There is a 'layout selector' you can insert into your design to automatically insert a list of brochure pages into your design. THe problem is that I can't tell you exactly where to put it as I don't know what theme you are using.

Anyway, to insert a list of brochure pages into your design:
    1. In the 'Design' tab, locate the point in the design where you want to insert the list of brochure pages. You need to locate the desired insertion point within the layout code that appears in the panel at the bottom of the 'Design' tab.
    2. Click the 'Insert Layout' button - this is the round pink button with the '+' on it.
    3. From the list of layout selectors to insert, select 'BrochureNavBar'.
    4. You can then change the actual layout that gets inserted by going to 'Settings | Site Options | General' and changing the value set in the 'Brochure Navigation Bar Layout' field
    It might take a few goes to get the list appearing where you need it, and a few goes to get the list appearing with the correct layout - but you'll get there in the end.

I suggest reading the section in the Getting Started Guide on Design ('Help | Starter Guide' in Actinic) as this will give an introduction to how design works in Actinic.

Comment

Working...
    X