Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norcascade

Norman,

Will there be a version of norcascade for V8? If so when is it likely to be available?

I updated NorTree and NorCascade when the Beta came out in July.

However I won't be posting these any more as Donationware due to the approx. 20:1 abuse:honour ratio.

I've just rewritten a single patch (Dynamic Product Images) and it took 3 days to convert, test and document - resulting in an elegant PHP solution with no client-side JavaScript needed.

If I scale this to the 20 or so patches that are in widespread use that's a couple of months of my time in which I can do nothing else.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I understand your frustration and would be happy to donate. You said that you updated norcascade in July. Where is this version available? Is it on your website as I can only see the V7 version available?

Comment

However I won't be posting these any more as Donationware due to the approx. 20:1 abuse:honour ratio.
        I have heard about some software called W8, I think, which will allow you to sell things on your website - it might be worth a look

Comment

Hi Norman - have you written a php version of collapso?

Thanks,
          Paul.

Comment

Right now there are bugs in Actinic V8's generation of the Section Tree files. Until these are fixed (imminent update hopefully) I won't be working on any menu systems. I have a kludge that allows NorTree and NorCascade to work on V8 but it will need to be undone when the fix arrives.

Having PHP available withing the Actinic app' is great.

I've just written a couple of scripts that trim the Act_section_tree.js file down to contain the minimal code needed for dynamic menus - one does the entire file and the other limits it to 2 or 3 levels. These run at page generation time and make no demands on the server. The previous incarnation required a PHP enabled server and quite a lot of tweaking.

Collapso is client-side JavaScript. It won't use PHP as that's a Server or Actinic PC technology. However the PHP within the Actinic program is very useful.

Collapso users should be able to run the existing one in V8 by simply replacing

Code:
            <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW -->
            with

Code:
            <actinic:variable name="JavaScriptArray" value="All Data From All Sections" />
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X