• Show
Clear All

SSI Bug

Hi,

I am having trouble with v8 and SSI.

I have a link for a larger picture, which says something like:

Zoom (251k)

the size is picked up by SSI using this line in v8:

Zoom (<!--#fsize file="<actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" />" -->)

I am using this online and I am getting a "[an error occurred while processing this directive]" when using it.

I am using this variable in three places, 1. the actual image, 2. the popup link & 3 this SSI. The first two are fine, however, when I look at the html via ftp (so its before SSI has got involved) the SSI bit has a local filename (e.g. to my harddisk).

This is because actinic is seeing it as a comment?

Worked fine in v7. v8 Bug?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Paul

I think I see what is going on here. The behaviour of the <actinic:variable name="ProductImageFileName" /> variable changes based on context. Norman reported this yesterday - and now I see how it is extremely unhelpful...

When you reference an image via a src="..." or a url('...') reference, Actinic just inserts the filename. But when you just insert the variable straight into the layout, Actinic inserts the full value of the path to the image held within the Actinic database.

The quick workaround for this is to include all images in your 'Site1' folder - which will eliminate the path information.

I'll report this is a bug to the development team and see about getting a fix sorted out.

Comment

Working...
    X