Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing Wishlist!

Hi,

I know v8 is only just out, but can I add a request to the wishlist. To build on the marketing bits in actinic now, can we have a 'review' section (or even a user defined name which the webdev can do whatever with) that we can enter manually, i.e. "name", "comment", "date" and a couple of other variables.

This would then be used as per the new products/best seller lists and have them in a side bar.

We could choose a selection or have it randomly change depending upon what settings we have chosen, just like the BP/BS bits.

?

Paul.

Hi Paul - what exactly are you trying (wishing) to do? Can you give a real world example as this may already be possible.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Ok,

I have a lot of good reviews from customers that I want to enter into a database. If I could enter a Name, Date, Product ID and Review into a marketing type page, then I could select how many reviews I want, and whether they are randomly selected, or manually selected myself or combo of either.

I could then insert a "MarketingReviewSidebar" layout into my code. This layout could be anything as it would be configurable just like the other marketing bits, but example:

'vName' said 'vreview' about this 'vproduct', so click here!".

Actinic would create the code just like it does with the other two side bars (new products & best sellers). I know we could manually create reviews etc (in fact I have), but to enter it and then have it looked after by actinic would be great, and just like the best sellers etc we could also duplicate the info in other pages (i.e. in the reviews page or news page).

Make it non specific by giving it user definable names and you could have a sidebar, generated by actinic, for anything you could think of...

User Comments
      Hot Products (chosen by us)
      News Items

Hope that makes sense. If the code is there for BS/NP, then another one shouldnt be too hard.

I have a mock up here: http://www.anything-goes.co.uk/acatalog/silver.html (on the right). Don't look at this in IE thought - CSS not done yet.

Paul.

Comment

Hi Paul,

I've added this to the wishlist for you.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X