Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading from V6 to 8

Hi Chris and crew,

As you know, I have been using V6 now for some time (seems ages since I gave that talk at your annual meeting!!) but I am really desperate now to upgrade to get access all the new features.

Is it possible for me to test the new version and import directly from V6.1.5.0 to V8 and see how it copes with my template changes etc? I'd like to test it with an upload to some space but of course, I am worried that I can't install a second version (the new one to test) onto my PC if the original Developer is there.

Also, I don't really need the full Developer version anymore, I am only taking care of one site now so all I would need is the ability to create and manage the one store.

I was hoping that if I could get the new demmo version that it would allow me to import all my customers accounts and test the emailing facility, is this possible?

And finally, not sure if I'll need an 'upgrade' or I will have to purchase a new version from scratch so any help on that and pricing would be very much appreciated.

PS: Please drop by my site when you get 5 and check the latest Podcast movie! We are going to be using Actinic software to offer hi-res, on-line airbrushing classes via www.organicimage.com and I am really very excited about how it all works so far in V6 so I guess 8 must be great!

Cheers guys . . .

Beej
    Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Hi Brian,

I'd like to test it with an upload to some space but of course, I am worried that I can't install a second version (the new one to test) onto my PC if the original Developer is there
    You can install v8 on the same pc as v6 or v7 - they run independently of each other. You can upload it to your own space in test mode (Web | Switch to Test Mode), whereby, a test folder will be created in your current 'acatalog' folder on line or you can register for 30 days free trial hosting from us at http://trials.actinic.com/.

I was hoping that if I could get the new demmo version that it would allow me to import all my customers accounts and test the emailing facility, is this possible?
    Yes, when you install v8 it will ask if you want to upgrade an existing site from an earlier version. You can do that and evaluation Business (not Business Client).

And finally, not sure if I'll need an 'upgrade' or I will have to purchase a new version from scratch so any help on that and pricing would be very much appreciated.
    I suggest you contact our sales team regarding this one on 0845 129 4800.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi all,

Been posting recently about adding PayPal and have discovered in 7&8 this is easy. Would it be possible to find out how much this route is? I currently use Developer but I'm not interested anymore in making sites for others so only need the software my one site. My site has develped very, very well over the last 3 years and all my focus will be here www.organicimage.com

I have spoken to Simon on the fone but, I wonderd if there were any stories re upgrading (can't find one by searching) from V6 to V8 because my concern is that I have edited many templates and created new ones for my site.

Has anyone else done this with success/failure that they would be prepared to share?

I use many different membership schedules to allow me to keep things hidden month to month as members join and I use the dload features for images and will be ading videos soon.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

B

Comment

Hi Brian

Typical V6 to V8 upgrades have been generally tested, however it is best if anyone who has actually done this with their live site can post their comments here.
        Additionally you could go ahead and upgrade the V6 site with the demo V8 version and then post back with any specific problems (if any) that you face.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

My V6 upgrade test with heavily customised templates wasn't successful. It looks like I'll have to start afresh with one of the V8 templates.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
            My V6 upgrade test with heavily customised templates wasn't successful. It looks like I'll have to start afresh with one of the V8 templates.

Mike
            Hmmm . . that's worrying then. I think it looks like I'll have to do that too then, I'l get the evaluation copy and try it on another machine first and report back here soon.

Mike, how much had you edited the temlates? Can I see your site on-line?

Thanks . .

B

Comment

Working...
            X